Wiki Posts
Search

So upset with AA right now...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2006, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
Angry So upset with AA right now...

I had a trip with zxcvbs from MKE-ORD-DFW-ACA and return ACA-DFW-MKE originally scheduled 1/14-1/17 for a quick weekend jaunt to catch some sun.

The night of the 16th, AA called to say that the original MKE-ORD flight was cancelled.

Since they had no other flights that weekend they rescheduled us to go this weekend, 2/18-2/21 from MKE-DFW-ACA-DFW-MKE

Well....tonight AA called again to inform us that the MKE-DFW flight was cancelled. They rebooked us on Northwest, MKE-MSP-ACA. When I called NW they told us that NW had no record of our flight!

Calling AA back the reservation agent informed us that the agent who booked us on the NW flight never reconfirmed our reservation, so it was cancelled by NW. To make matters worse, when they changed the ticket date from our original reservation, the reservation was never re-ticketed!

At this point I don't know what to do, anyone offer any suggestions? Should we just get a refund and maybe ask for a credit voucher?

This is the 2nd time something went wrong and it's frustrating!

*rant over*
Old Feb 18, 2006, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I personally would shoot for a full refund + original mileage, including EQM.

Is this from the $0 ACA fares? If so, then obviously the refund is a non issue.

Anyways, call AA CSR (during the day) and see if you can talk to a supervisor, and hopefully they can see on your record what happened. Good luck.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 1:01 am

Programs: AA GLD, soon-to-be PLT in 2 weeks!
At the bare minimum I would ask for full refund and original miles (RDM or EQM). Also ask for vouchers for future flights -- if you plan on taking AA from now on.

This is a complete screw up by AA; could they have done worse?
Old Feb 18, 2006, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by 777-DCA
could they have done worse?
Is that a question you really want to think about?

At least OP wasn't in ACA when this happened.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 5:09 am
tt7

Originally Posted by Mateo4321
At this point I don't know what to do, anyone offer any suggestions? Should we just get a refund and maybe ask for a credit voucher?
1. Make a decision as to whether or not you want to make the trip.

2. Based on the answer to 1., either request a full refund or re-schedule and fly.

3. Ask AA for some miles for all the hassle (maybe the original routing miles would be a yardstick to use).

Wow, that was difficult .....

I'm not sure I quite understand what happened though. AA called 'tonight' to tell you the flight was cancelled (weather in DFW?). They presumably had only done this recently, so if they put you on NW, I'm not sure why they would have to "re-confirm". In any event, is the NW flight full? Presumably it must be?

Frustrating I know but the cancellations were presumably weather-related? I don't think AA just cancels flights on a whim so if they were weather-related, that's hardly their fault. If they screwed up getting you on the NW flight, then that's their fault but then I'm not sure they're under any obligation to put you on another carrier anyway.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 6:24 am

Programs: AA PLT, HHonors Gold
First off, I feel your pain. I have been in a similar position in the past with being re-booked onto NWA. However, in AA's defense, in my situation it was NW that completely dropped the ball. To top it off their ticket agent at the airport was one of the rudest cs employees I have ever dealt with. No wonder they are in bankruptcy. I think your request for a full refund is more than reasonable (and in this case expected) and the original miles shouldn't be "that" hard for AA to swallow to make a customer happy. Let us know how it works out.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 9:22 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
Try USAir!

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Is that a question you really want to think about?

At least OP wasn't in ACA when this happened.
I have been a captive of United/USAir since USAir has a much more extensive routing in the east than AA from CMH. Having said that, I am on the brink!

Once, USAir routed me through Pittsburgh so I could catch a commuter flight to CMH. I go to the gate ... and discover that the airline they had sent me to had gone bankrupt and hadn't flown in a month! And no flights to CMH that night. I rented a car, drove to CMH and sent the bill to USAir - three times. Never a response.

So, as Bill Clinton say, "I feel your pain." But the pain CAN be worse!
Old Feb 18, 2006, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by 777-DCA
... could they have done worse?
Yes, it could have been worse.

See post #7 and this for starters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.