Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shower Advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2006, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Shower Advice

Flying NRT-DFW-MIA-JFK-LHR in a couple of weeks.

I am obviously going to want to take a shower along the way.

Can anyone provide some advice as to where the nicest showers are out of DFW, MIA or JFK. I remember reading something about rain-showers at DFW - anyone know which AC? (search provided no joy)

Sorry about the specific natue of the post. Perhaps any info on nice (or not so great) showers in AC's or FL's can be posted here...
Old Feb 16, 2006, 7:33 pm

It's DFW Term A that has the large rainfall shower heads, as well has jets coming out of the wall.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
Flying NRT-DFW-MIA-JFK-LHR in a couple of weeks.

I am obviously going to want to take a shower along the way.

Can anyone provide some advice as to where the nicest showers are out of DFW, MIA or JFK. I remember reading something about rain-showers at DFW - anyone know which AC? (search provided no joy)

Sorry about the specific natue of the post. Perhaps any info on nice (or not so great) showers in AC's or FL's can be posted here...

Post #10 here
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=521514

I think he said A & C at DFW
Old Feb 16, 2006, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA (what is EXP?), UA 1P, IC free mini bar club, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
Can anyone provide some advice as to where the nicest showers are out of DFW, MIA or JFK.

I have used all the above showers, and the best one would be AC in terminal A at DFW
Old Feb 16, 2006, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
JFK AC outside security in terminal 8 has poorly maintained showers. The new airside club in the new terminal has better showers.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL Gld, AA MM
Agree with the other posters, definitely DFW Term A. ^ ^
Old Feb 16, 2006, 8:41 pm

Haha, this sounds crazy, but now everytime I fly through DFW, I make sure to shower in the Terminal A AC. Its just too much fun.
Old Feb 16, 2006, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Everything you ever wanted to know about DFW AC Showers...

DFW Terminal A showers are the nicest. They have a huge rain-type shower head at the top that's about the size of a pie plate. They also have three normal sized heads that spray water on each side. Finally, there's a handheld shower head similar to those found in most other clubs. All have independent pressure control, but the temperature is one size fits all. Try to avoid shower #1 - it's a handicapped stall and doesn't have all the side jets. The rooms also have heated towel racks - too bad the towels are generally Holiday Inn quality...

Terminal C showers are quite normal for Admirals Club showers. Also, there are only 2 for the club, so there's often a line.

Terminal D showers are new, but not quite as nice as Terminal A. They have one normal size overhead shower head, six minijets about chest height just under the main shower head and finally, the same handheld shower head as the terminal A club.

As I recall, LHR & NRT showers are nothing to write home about. I haven't tried the new MIA & JFK clubs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.