Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

How many miles are you getting from AAdvantage holiday shopping?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many miles are you getting from AAdvantage holiday shopping?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2005, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I value 39k miles at about $0.013 each or so (since I can buy them for that with good-value mileage runs), for a total of about $500. That's more like a 5% discount by my math. YMMV.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 9:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Originally Posted by FWAAA
I value 39k miles at about $0.013 each or so (since I can buy them for that with good-value mileage runs), for a total of about $500. That's more like a 5% discount by my math. YMMV.
According to your math the miles are based on what they cost you to earn. According to my math the miles are worth what they are redeemed for. Part of the allure of Bluenile.com in addition to the miles is that I didn't have to deal with jewelers who I regard as highly as taxi drivers.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by DataPlumber
AFAIK, no where. Buying good diamond jewels and earning miles would be mutually exclusive. Although, you could earn some miles by using a Diners or other AAffinity card to pay for them. IMHO, buying jewelry is very personal and an easy transaction to get screwed on. It's the kind of thing you want to have some sort of relationship with the person which you are buying from.
I guess a better question is : Is there anywhere you can buy diamond jewelry that "passes" for good..... Thank goodness the mrs. doesn't read FT.

So I ordered a bracelet from ICE.com that came today. Supposed to be an 8 inch bracelet, but was only 7 inch. Their customer service was very helpful. I shipped it right back and they were going to send another one so it arrives before the holiday. We'll see if I get the 8 inch. If not I will be using their 60 day satisfaction guarantee and have to go buy one locally.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
The shopping promo this year was not nearly good enough for me to give it much thought about pursuing it unless I happened to be purchasing from one of the vendors.
Old Dec 20, 2005, 1:27 am

CharlesMD
Suspended

?
Old Dec 20, 2005, 7:23 am
Suspended

Wow! What was it? Like two days?
Old Feb 28, 2006, 8:57 am

Just want to know if there is any update to this. I got the base miles from my purchase about 6 weeks ago. In the email that is sent along with the posting of the miles, it saids that the bonus mails will be posted by Feb 28 06 but I haven't seen mine. Does anyone has theirs posted yet?
Old Feb 28, 2006, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by chaner
Just want to know if there is any update to this. I got the base miles from my purchase about 6 weeks ago. In the email that is sent along with the posting of the miles, it saids that the bonus mails will be posted by Feb 28 06 but I haven't seen mine. Does anyone has theirs posted yet?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=531380

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.