Wiki Posts
Search

$15 fee at airport for voucher???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:14 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by yuchung5
Thanks
Do I need to pay the ticketing fee in this situation?
AFAIK it still works in the manner described in post #10. So, unless things have changed (and I have no reason to believe they have), then you will not be charged the ticketing fee.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 10:53 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kat99
Has anyone else run into this? I used a voucher from being bumped off a flight. The only way to redeem these is through the mail or at an airport. They charged me $15 to purchase the ticket at the airport (was told $10 if I mailed it). I have used vouchers before and never run into this!!!

I heard the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, and the lightbulb has been invented.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Efrem
Let me be more specific. After you buy your ticket online and put in on hold, call aa.com tech support at 800 222-2377. (This is a published number.) They will give you an address in Florida to mail the voucher to and tell you exactly what to write on the outside of the envelope to have it credited to the right ticket. Total cost is 37¢ in the U.S. unless you also have to buy an envelope, in which case it's about 40¢ depending on your taste in envelopes and how many you buy at a time. (Both of those go up by 2¢ early next year.) There is no need to pay any fee, let alone get to an airport, unless you're flying within the next few days.
You know, this is exactly what I remember from my self-education on FT. I have a voucher I need to apply to a PNR currently on hold (MCI run).

I've now had 3 AAgents who say I have to pay the $10 mail-in fee, and they all don't believe me when I say that they can put my PNR on hold so I can just pay the difference on AA.com to avoid the fee. The last AAgent even commented that 2 weeks ago, AA sent a memo reiterating that the fee was mandatory.

Is this a shift in policy? Has anyone done this recently? What are the exact words I need to use with the AAgent?

I think it's stupid that I already paid my cancelation fee for my non-ref ticket, and now I'm being charged another $10

Ugh.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Agent #4 has shot me down. I'm losing the battle people, help!

I just might see if an AAgent at SNA will take pity on my case. Grr.

EDIT: Well, just came back from SNA, and after I explained the situation (and we agreed how silly AA is), she applied the voucher for me, sans service fee ^^^

Seriously, SNA has got to be one of the best stations. If only they could bring down the fares so I can fly from there (or perhaps, I should wish for enough wealth so I could AFFORD to fly from there )

Last edited by IceTrojan; Feb 25, 2006 at 4:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.