Wiki Posts
Search

OLCI when Upgrading Companions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2005, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP
OLCI when Upgrading Companions

I am a Plat, and am trying to upgrade myself and my non-elite father. We are on the same PNR, and want to check-in online for convenience. To faciliate online check in, does my father need to have the stickers in his account, or can he use the stickers in my account?
Old Nov 3, 2005, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
My personal experience (it's weird, YMMV):

If the companion is no-status, no problem.

If the companion is elite, the stickers have to come out of his/her account for OLCI.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I have tried to check in online with non-elite companion who I was upgrading and been unable to--received message that I would have to check in at the airport. At the airport, the agent told me that the reason I was unable to check in online was because I was upgrading non-elite. Again, YMMV.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 10:45 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
My experience (on several occasions, and what I've been told more than once) is the worst of both worlds posted above.

If the stickers are not coming out of the account of each person flying, i.e. one set coming out of another person's account, the person not providing stickers will need to check in at the airport (no OLCI, no kiosk) regardless of status.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.