Wiki Posts
Search

Narita(NRT) - Which lounge to use?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2005, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Narita(NRT) - Which lounge to use?

I will be flying from DFW to NRT to BKK tomorrow in business class. This is my first time to NRT. There is a 3.5 hour layover in NRT before I connect onto the JAL code shared flight to BKK and 6 hour layover on the way back from BKK.

Which lounge should I use at NRT? Admirals Club or JAL lounge? Does AC or JAL lounge have showers at NRT? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aglp2k
I will be flying from DFW to NRT to BKK tomorrow in business class. This is my first time to NRT. There is a 3.5 hour layover in NRT before I connect onto the JAL code shared flight to BKK and 6 hour layover on the way back from BKK.

Which lounge should I use at NRT? Admirals Club or JAL lounge? Does AC or JAL lounge have showers at NRT? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
If you're on all AA flight numbers, you'd ony be entitled to OneWorld lounges (as in not JL.)
Old Oct 22, 2005, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
If you're on all AA flight numbers, you'd ony be entitled to OneWorld lounges (as in not JL.)
Uh? It's been my experience that you can use the operating carrier's lounge as well--at least with all my AA/LX codeshare flights.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 12:22 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
If the OP is in business all the way, then the OP can use the JL Sakura lounge, in addition to the AC on the outbound at NRT and all OW lounges on the return at NRT.

The AC has showers. On the return, the CX lounge would be a slightly better place to get something to eat.

I last visited the JL Sakura lounge at NRT 4 years ago. It was nothing terribly special then, though at the time I was extremely pleased to be there. I don't recall whether there were showers; check the JL forum.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hillrider
Uh? It's been my experience that you can use the operating carrier's lounge as well--at least with all my AA/LX codeshare flights.
LX is a different matter-- there are no OW lounges to use, so AA pax are officially allowed to use specific, designated LX lounges-- on status or C.O.S.

The newest (and nicest) LX lounge-- "Oasis" did advise me (and others) that access was not permitted flying on AA flight numbers-- on LX metal (in business connecting to TXL,) as that lounge does not have the same, specific arrangement with AA. I posted about it last year.

Last edited by JonNYC; Oct 22, 2005 at 1:05 pm
Old Oct 22, 2005, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Spiff
If the OP is in business all the way, then the OP can use the JL Sakura lounge, in addition to the AC on the outbound at NRT and all OW lounges on the return at NRT.

The AC has showers. On the return, the CX lounge would be a slightly better place to get something to eat.

I last visited the JL Sakura lounge at NRT 4 years ago. It was nothing terribly special then, though at the time I was extremely pleased to be there. I don't recall whether there were showers; check the JL forum.
OOps, I did miss the "in business" part. The JL lounge is considerably nicer than the AA or CX lounge-- they'll lend ya' a wireless laptop and the atmosphere is just plain nicer. Nothing special food-wise goin' on there.

And, although JL is very polite and accommodating (and therefore would prob (and, evidently, do) let a J-passenegers in,) I would still wonder is an all AA flight #'s passenger does have "official" access to a JL lounge in NRT?

Last edited by JonNYC; Oct 22, 2005 at 1:06 pm
Old Oct 22, 2005, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Originally Posted by JonNYC
And, although JL is very polite and accommodating (and therefore would prob (and, evidently, do) let a J-passenegers in,) I would still wonder is an all AA flight #'s passenger does have "official" access to a JL lounge in NRT?
If I understand your question correctly, flying on an AA flight # on JL metal out of NRT in J does get you "official" access to the JL Sakura lounge. I have always been given access without asking and, IIRC, the lounge name is printed on the bording pass when you check in with JL at NRT. Just did it NRT-SIN on JL metal under an AA flt #.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by inlanikai
If I understand your question correctly, flying on an AA flight # on JL metal out of NRT in J does get you "official" access to the JL Sakura lounge. I have always been given access without asking and, IIRC, the lounge name is printed on the bording pass when you check in with JL at NRT. Just did it NRT-SIN on JL metal under an AA flt #.
Yes, you read it correctly-- thanks very much for the correction.
And, now that I see how I typed it-- no wonder you had to ask if you were reading it correctly!
Old Oct 22, 2005, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
I am flying in business class with AA flight #s(DFW-NRT AA61, NRT-BKK AA7252) all the way. Since I will be receiving my boarding pass for NRT-BKK portion in DFW, do I still need to check in with JAL at NRT to get a different BP for lounge access or can I just walk to the Sakura lounge with my AA issued BP after I deplane the AA flight?

I was looking on JAL website and the Sakura lounge does not mention of having showers. And the eligibility to enter says "JAL First Class and Executive Class-Seasons passengers, JAL Economy Class Normal Fare passengers (excludes Korea, Guam, Saipan, Sao Paulo, Taipei and Kaohsiung routes), JAL Global Club members, JMB Diamond and JMB Sapphire passengers". No mention of partner airlines.

Also, does anyone know what type of configuration JAL using on its 744 equipment from NRT-BKK? I am given seat 10H.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aglp2k
..I was looking on JAL website and the Sakura lounge does not mention of having showers. And the eligibility to enter says "JAL First Class and Executive Class-Seasons passengers, JAL Economy Class Normal Fare passengers (excludes Korea, Guam, Saipan, Sao Paulo, Taipei and Kaohsiung routes), JAL Global Club members, JMB Diamond and JMB Sapphire passengers". No mention of partner airlines.
The others have correctly answered your question-- I incorrectly answered it (didn't see that you were in business.) You have your answer--you will have access.

I don't remember if there were showers, I arrived before the lounges opened and used the pay-per-use showers very near the JL lounges-- very reasonable, very clean and efficient.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 2:38 pm
Suspended

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...lounge+showers (comprehensive shower thread (albeit ANA))

Do a search on "Sakura lounge showers" and you'll get more info on NRT showering than you can possibly use.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Here's my quick rundown.

Arrived at ~8am, SGN-NRT.

Went to CX lounge first (AA opens at 930, BA at 845)
--Good dark Kirin draft beer.
--Cup-o-Noodles!
--Carpet kinda dingy, and no in-lounge restrooms.

Now sitting in BA lounge.
--PANCAKES! And tasty finger sandwiches.
--Better beer/alcohol selection.
--Decor much nicer and newer, and quietier.
--Windows look directly over the tarmac.

Will go to the AC in a bit for showers and BPs.

Last edited by IceTrojan; Nov 20, 2005 at 5:42 pm
Old Nov 20, 2005, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The JAL Sakura lounge does NOT have showers in the business class section. If you want to take a shower, do it in the AC before you go on to the JAL lounge.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Now in the AA lounge.

I wanna go back to BA

I can see how this is the loudest, with a TV (instead of Tchaikovsky) and annoying PA announcements from the front desk. But showers ^, another beer dispenser ^, and free WiFi (using some router called "airlan"... but I AM on the side closest to CX).
Old Nov 20, 2005, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Now in the AA lounge.

I wanna go back to BA

I can see how this is the loudest, with a TV (instead of Tchaikovsky) and annoying PA announcements from the front desk. But showers ^, another beer dispenser ^, and free WiFi (using some router called "airlan"... but I AM on the side closest to CX).
were you able to use your AA issued BP on JAL or did you need to re-check with JAL and get one of their own BP's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.