Wiki Posts
Search

American's Lowest Fare Guarantee Bogus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2006, 2:00 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Karen2
We searched the website for a guarantee and found none.
It's there, just not up on the front page:
http://www.aa.com/content/urls/guarantee.jhtml
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Boraxo
To be fair, all of these travel industry "rate guarantees" are bogus. People have reported similar problems with SPG, priceline and others when asking for guarantees or refunds.
This kind of reminds me of those car dealership ads that say if they can't beat another's dealer's price, they will give you the car. Yeah sure. Dealer A won't lower it's price by a dollar to beat dealer B, so Dealer A gives you the car instead.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 4:04 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by nologic
This is the difference with the AA guarantee and the hotel guarantees, where you can cancel your hotel booking on the hotel website and get a refund, or not be charged.
Not with Hilton Advance Purchase rates at The Hilton T4 - LHR, but all thats another story but much the same,- "Sorry your alternative on-line rate had different Cancellations Rules"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.