Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to the EXP desk!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2005, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Val
But that's why he always features the LV bag in his photos. So you'll know it's him.
Don't forget the prominent placement of the Harvard magazine.

This story, if true, really is a nice one. I had a similar experience with Virgin Atlantic and the Ritz in London after, unbeknownst to me, I had left my passport in my hotel room. The hotel and the airline worked together to track me down in the car that was taking me to LGW, and then managed to get my passport to me in time not to miss my flight.

But may I now suggest that we take this story for what it is -- a nice one, if true -- and not turn this into an eight-page thread. I might even suggest that we let my post be the last one .
Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:23 am

Programs: AA 2MM
Originally Posted by Blumie
I might even suggest that we let my post be the last one .
Can't do that. I'm tuned in anxiously awaiting Smidgen-cat's post.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Okay... so I *am* curious. What identifying data does the EXP card have that a drivers license not have?

And I'm going to throw a challenge out there... drinks on me for the FTer who can successfully document and complete replicate this experiment.

Its quite simple. "Lose" your wallet with your EXP card. Call (or have another FTer call) the EXP desk as a restaurant. See what info they give out or whether they can track you down where you are and can get an email and cell phone call out to you within 45 minutes.

Please do post the results back here... I'm sensing a new hidden benefit in the EXP program that we might want to publicize... but hey, call me crazy - I need more empirical data.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:39 am

Programs: AA (what is EXP?), UA 1P, IC free mini bar club, SPG GLD
I think chuck works for AA and EXP desk...
Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by kenfry
I think chuck works for AA and EXP desk...

I have wondered on occasion whether CharlesMD is a pseudonym for Gerrard Arpey
Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
Originally Posted by Pickles
And aren't you a little too, ahem, seasoned to be dating recent high school graduates? Maybe she's in graduate school, but I doubt it. I think this is a job for Smidgen-cat!
Hmmm...does smidgen cat have these lying around???

"Got it going like a turbo-vet"

Last edited by CharlesMD; Sep 10, 2005 at 11:55 am
Old Sep 10, 2005, 12:05 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
The high school guidance counselor at the school I work at has 'em...and she loves cats....

Glad the wallet is back where it belongs. As a therapist, I can vouch for the aforementioned need for empirical data in strange and unusual experiments in human behavior...as for the rationale, well, I'll have to wait until my EXP card rolls in.

Last edited by skye1; Sep 10, 2005 at 12:11 pm
Old Sep 10, 2005, 12:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
It's a good thing the EXP card was in the wallet that was otherwise lacking items with identifying information . . . . things like a medical license card.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
things like a medical license card.
I always thought MD stood for the state, not the degree.

I am now just a wee bit concerned with exactly how much info AA *does* have on me. What if I leave a bag somewhere with just my black tag on it... can they find me that way too? Does that come with a sundae?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
How on earth were you able to obtain a driver's license and credit cards without your name on them?

They were issued under the pre 9/11 terms.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Wouldn't it be more logical to call one of the credit card companies instead of AA?
Old Sep 10, 2005, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I know doctors who don't carry around any sort of licensing.

Why is this story so hard to believe? If you were the EXP agent wouldn't you call the member instead of saying "Sorry, can't help you"?

Last edited by tismfu; Sep 10, 2005 at 12:47 pm Reason: bad grammar
Old Sep 10, 2005, 12:43 pm

[QUOTE=techgirl What if I leave a bag somewhere with just my black tag on it... can they find me that way too? Does that come with a sundae?[/QUOTE]

It just might come with a tummy rub after that extra sundae, too
Old Sep 10, 2005, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by zsmith2
Wouldn't it be more logical to call one of the credit card companies instead of AA?
I once called a CC company after finding someone's card at a restaurant. The representative wouldn't call the member and in fact cancelled the card and told me to destroy it. I protested saying that I was nearly certain this just happened and I wanted to save the user the hassle of getting a new card, but the rep flat out refused [which makes sense for security reasons].
Old Sep 10, 2005, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fredmartens
It just might come with a tummy rub after that extra sundae, too
I am missing out on ALL the perks, aren't I?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.