Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2011 AA International Meals - menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 AA International Meals - menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
I have upcoming flights AA 98 (11:25pm ORD-LHR) and AA 115 (8:30am LHR-JFK), both in J. I last flew AA 98 summer 2008 in F (earlier departure of 9:50pm then FWIW) and received the same service as earlier flights 86/66/46. Is this still the case in J or does it receive an abridged service? I'm likely going to do the express meal to maximize sleep time.

What are the typical breakfast items AA offers ex-LHR? Are any light afternoon fare (sandwiches, salads, wraps, etc) offered or just hot English breakfast? I'd like to know so I can plan accordingly. Thank you.
It's been a while since I did the ORD-LHR flight, but I think a full meal was offered, but I was on a bit earlier flight. Breakfast will be an egg/cheese omelette or cereal/fruit offering.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by inlanikai
I flew ORD-DEL-ORD in F last week and both ways the marinated cheese you get with your pre-dinner drinks was feta cheese not the Parmesan that had been served in the past. What a joke.

Is this the "new normal" on all Int'l F now, or just on the India routes?

February seems to be "feta month." It was Parmesan all through January, then it switched to feta when I flew to MAD the first weekend in February.

I suspect if you wait another month it might switch back to Parmesan, or switch to something else entirely.

Also, the westbound follow-on pizza switched from the normal cheese/pesto pizza to a disgusting "farmer's market" pizza with mushrooms, etc. Yuck!

And finally, the chocolate chocolate chip cookies served as the second dessert changed to regular chocolate chip cookies.

Small things, I know, but for those of us who fly these routes constantly, the predictability is comforting.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Select, MHC, Amex Plat
Soup, wine and the locals

I think it was EZE to MIA a couple of weeks ago in J, the FA offered the consomme (broth, in other words), seeing as I didn't eat the salad cuz of allergy, I accepted. We both noted however, that the soup was a little dry. They apparently have to add hot water and forgot. They eventually came around with a pot of hot water (did they use the limited bottle water?)

The wine was fine but the glass is still a thimble (as mom would say). I noticed on one flight a while ago that the glasses were adult sized, but they forgot to provision extra wine for the larger glasses. Conclusion, they prefer the smaller glasses as they are cheaper to fill.

In summary would it kill them to offer a Corona on the way to Mexico?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by chanp
It's been a while since I did the ORD-LHR flight, but I think a full meal was offered, but I was on a bit earlier flight. Breakfast will be an egg/cheese omelette or cereal/fruit offering.
We flew 98 the weekend before Thanksgiving last year. That time of year it either departs 9:50 or 10:20 pm. We were on the 9:50 departure in J. Thankfully it was an express dinner service which included a very nice mushroom soup (broth). There was an awesome and huge cheese course as one of the entree's offered. I had the soup and the dessert sized cheese plate, then opted for sleep. My better half just slept. Depending on connections, I like the later departures outof ORD to LHR.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Georgemia
I think it was EZE to MIA a couple of weeks ago in J, the FA offered the consomme (broth, in other words), seeing as I didn't eat the salad cuz of allergy, I accepted. We both noted however, that the soup was a little dry. They apparently have to add hot water and forgot. They eventually came around with a pot of hot water (did they use the limited bottle water?)

The wine was fine but the glass is still a thimble (as mom would say). I noticed on one flight a while ago that the glasses were adult sized, but they forgot to provision extra wine for the larger glasses. Conclusion, they prefer the smaller glasses as they are cheaper to fill.

EZE-MIA is all-772 service, so the full-size wine glasses are NOT available in J on this route. They are available in F only.

Just so you know for future reference, the full-size wine glasses are available on in the following long-haul international cabins:
- 772 F
- 763 J
- 75L J
- 762 F (nonstop transcon routes)

All other premium cabins feature the tiny wine glasses. Indeed, I think you are right that it saves money because fewer ounces of liquid are required to fill the glass. You could try requesting your wine in a regular drinking glass, but the FAs might not agree to do so.

Incidentally, the above are also the only routes featuring the marinated cheese antipasto and plated-on-board entrees.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36
You could try requesting your wine in a regular drinking glass, but the FAs might not agree to do so.
I have had a number of FAs ask if I would mind having my wine in a drinking glass (so that they dont have to constantly re-fill).

Funny enough, this happens more often in J on domestic flights (JFK-LAX/SFO) than on international J on the 777.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN
AA37 MAD-DFW Business

To Start: Warm mixed nuts and Marinated cheese antipasto
Appetizer: Smoked salmon and citrus marinated shrimp accompanied by capers, red onion and sour cream
Salad: fresh seasonal greens and an assortment of fresh vegetables offered with honey Dijon dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Bread Basket
Main course:
Tomato Almond Beef Fillet - Grilled fillet of beef in a tomato almond sauce, offered with mixed vegetables and broccoli mashed potatoes
or
Tarragon Chicken- Seared breast of chicken enhanced by a tarragon reduction, served with a fava bean and sundried tomato medley and truffle mashed potatoes
or
Grilled Citrus Halibut- Citurs-grilled halibut accompanied by vegetables flavored with lime and orange basmati rice
or
Penne Pasta with Basil and Tomatoes- A blend of tomatoes, basil, black olives and mozzarella cheese served over penne pasta with a Parmesan and creamy goat cheese tomato sauce
Dessert: Ice Cream Sundae or Fruit and Cheese

Mid-Flight Snack
Fruit and Cheese, Assorted Snacks

Light Meal
Uno's Spinach and Garlic Pizza- A deep-dish spinach pizza seasoned with garlic, offered with a fresh green salad topped with broccoli, tomatoes, and Italian herb vinaigrette
or
Cold Plate Sampler
Sliced roast beef and grilled chicken breast offered with Asian couscous and a Greek salad

Dessert: Fresh fruit or cookies, freshley baked on board

Pre-Arrival beverage
Chilled sparking or still water with a fresh citrus garnish
Old Mar 7, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by glenny84
AA37 MAD-DFW Business
ditto AA79 DFW-LHR yesterday.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
I have upcoming flights AA 98 (11:25pm ORD-LHR) and AA 115 (8:30am LHR-JFK), both in J. I last flew AA 98 summer 2008 in F (earlier departure of 9:50pm then FWIW) and received the same service as earlier flights 86/66/46. Is this still the case in J or does it receive an abridged service? I'm likely going to do the express meal to maximize sleep time.

What are the typical breakfast items AA offers ex-LHR? Are any light afternoon fare (sandwiches, salads, wraps, etc) offered or just hot English breakfast? I'd like to know so I can plan accordingly. Thank you.
Bump.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton

Bump.
The following was posted up-thread re AA 115.

Originally Posted by cyncyn129
LHR to JFK
Business Class (777)

American Gallery Collection

Chase's Choice
Specially Selected by Wine Consultant Ken Chase
(Please ask your flight attendant about this wine choice - I did not)

Champagne - Pommery Brut Champagne
White Wines - Rodney Strong Sonoma County Chardonnay, Seven Sisters "Vivian" Sauvingnon Blanc
Red Wines - Freemark Abbey Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, Cyan Prestigio
Sherry - Emilio Lustau Sherry
Dessert Wine - Graham's Vintage Port

Brunch

To Start
Your choice of juices - orange, tomato, apple

Yogurt - creamy fruit yogurt

Cereal - Kellogs cereal served with milk and seasonal berries

All options are offered with fresh seasonal fruit

Breakfast breads - A selection of breakfast breads

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyncyn129/5326022098/

Main Course

Gruyere Omelette - An omelette filled with an olive tapenade and a Gruyere cheese, served with sauteed bell peppers, pesto roasted potato wedges and pork leek sausage

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyncyn129/5326026312/

Sourdough French Toast - Sourdough pineapple french toast topped with toasted coconut and pineapple rum raisin syrup

Asian-Style Shrimp with Noodles - Asian-style marinated grilled shrimp served hot on a bed of lo mein noodles and green beans enhanced by a hosin sauce

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyncyn129/5326014774/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyncyn129/5326017894/

Mid-Flight Snack

A selection of gourmet cheeses offered with fresh seasonal fruit and assorted crackers.

Light Meal

To Start

Warm mixed nuts

Main Course

Grilled Chicken - Grilled fillet of chicken served cold with a cherry tomato salad and grilled zucchini offered with a white bean pate and naan bread

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyncyn129/5325429291/

Pesto Scallops - Pesto seared scallops on three pepper salad, served with mixed greens and italian herb vinaigrette

Dessert

Blackberry current mousse cake

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyncyn1...n/photostream/

We invite you to enjoy your choice of traditional and herb teas

Pre-Arrival Beverage

For Your Enjoyment - Chilled sparkling or still water with a fresh citrus garnish
Old Mar 10, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Late night dep ex JFK

Does anyone know what AA 116 menu is like? Do they offer a full dinner with a midnight departure?
thanks
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by avm2806
Does anyone know what AA 116 menu is like? Do they offer a full dinner with a midnight departure?
thanks
I dont have a menu to hand but its a 'light night supper' service. Chocie of salad or soup served together with a main course. One of the main courses is usually a huge fruit and chees plate which I think is a very nice meal at that time of night. Ice cream / (small) cheese plate for dessert. Cold continential breakfast before landing - which I tend to avoid for the sake of extra sleep.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:37 pm

AA 137 LHR-LAX March 2011

It seems that all flights from LHR to USA feature this menu. I though that LHR to LAX will warrant a nicer light meal, but guess I am wrong. The main meal was fine but the light meal prior to arrival was pretty bad. That pizza just did not taste right. The spinach was sour - not "turning bad" sour,but a bit sour...

American Airlines
First Class
March 2011
AA 137
London Heathrow to Los Angeles

Wine List
Chase’s Choice
Specially Selected by Wine Consultant Ken Chase

Champagne
Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Reserve Champagne

White Wines
Scarbolo Chardonnay
Seven Sisters “Vivian” Sauvignon Blanc 2008

Red Wines
Chateau Batailley
Freemark Abbey Napa valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Sherry
Emilio Lustau Sherry

Dessert Wines
Graham’s vintage Port 1999
Inniskillin Vidal Icewine 2006
Menu

Dining Services
To Start
Warm mixed nuts
Or
Marinated cheese antipasto

Appetizer
Smoked salmon and citrus marinated shrimp
Accompanied by capers, red onion and sour cream

The Salad Cart
Fresh Seasonal greens
With artichokes, red bell peppers, kalamata olives and cucumbers, offered with honey Dijon dressing or premium extra olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette
Sliced lemon garlic chicken breast

Bread Basket
Assorted gourmet breads
Rosemary Roll

Main Course
Tomato almond beef fillet
Grilled fillet of beef in a tomato almond sauce, offered with mixed vegetables and broccoli mashed potatoes
Or
Tarragon Chicken
Seared breast of chicken enhanced by a tarragon reduction, served with a fava bean and sundried tomato medley and truffle mashed potatoes
Or
Grilled Citrus Halibut
Citrus-grilled halibut accompanied by assorted vegetables flavored with lime and orange basmati rice

Need some seasoning and I don’t really taste the citrus flavor
Or
Penne Pasta with Basil and tomatoes
A blend of tomatoes, basil, black olives and mozzarella cheese served over penne pasta with a Parmesan and creamy goat cheese tomato sauce

Dine Upon Request
You may choose one of the featured entrees to be served with an appetizer and dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Dessert
Ice Cream Sundae
Ben & Jerry’s Vanilla ice cream with a choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry (Raspberry for today’s flight) toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Fruit and Cheese
A selection of gourmet cheeses
Offered with flavored dried fruit and assorted crackers

Mid-Flight Snack
Fruit and Cheese
A selection of gourmet cheeses
Offered with flavored dried fruit and assorted crackers

Snacks
Assorted Snack items are also available

Light Meal
A light meal offered prior to landing

Select From:
Uno’s Spinach and Garlic Pizza
A deep-dish spinach pizza seasoned with garlic, offered with a fresh green salad topped with broccoli, tomatoes and Italian herb vinaigrette

Or
Cold Plate Sampler
Sliced roast beef or grilled chicken breast
Offered with Asian couscous and a Greek salad

Dessert
Fresh fruit or cookies, freshly baked on board

Oatmeal cranberry cookie

Pre-arrival beverage
For your enjoyment
Chilled sparkling or still water with a fresh citrus garnish

3/11
3Cls, First, LHR-US, Lunch/Dinner-Snack
73PM228 111F018-3A
Old Mar 11, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I unfortunately did not keep the full menu with me from the flight since I was rushing to make a connection, but on a recent MAD-DFW flight I was very surprised to find Chateaubriand as the beef selection. Normally its just something described as a filet of beef or other more generic term that isn't always a great cut of beef. But this Chateaubriand was actually very good and tender, more so than other beef dishes I've had.

Rest of the menu was, from my recollection:
Starter: Feta cheese and/or warm mixed nuts
Salad w/creamy peppercorn or balsamic vinagrette
Entree - Only one i recall was the beef selection, tuned out on the others
Dessert - Custom sundaes from the cart or a cheese plate

Wine selection was uninteresting to me. Nothing really jumped out so I stuck with G&Ts
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by mikelat
on a recent MAD-DFW flight I was very surprised to find Chateaubriand as the beef selection
I had that on a BRU-ORD last week.

Another entree was shrimp and scallop Provencal (taken by a fellow passenger):

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.