Search

Bookings using Customer Service going from $5 to $8

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2005, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Agreed - in fact I support them charging people to call in when they don't have to. Airlines need to capture every nickle they can get...I rather they institute these increases than go BK.

Still, the fee should be waived when AA.com can't handle it
I'd rather that they increase the fares and drop all the surcharges.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 12:09 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Like I am going to book something and pay AA $8 for the "customer service".

Pleez.....get real.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 12:10 pm

From $5.00 to $8.00 overnight. Must be a 60% increase in customer service. The $10.00 fee only increased to $15.00? I guess only a 50% increase in customer service can be expected when paying this fee. I agree with a previous poster that American doesn't always need to copycat the other airlines. Having a lower fee would have been a good marketing strategy.

Last edited by beerman; Aug 24, 2005 at 12:12 pm
Old Aug 24, 2005, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
You mean like trying to buy a B fare?!

The surcharge would make a little more sense if AA.com allowed you to purchase/upgrade/reward all the possibilities that the airline offered for a particular itinerary.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
While I agree in principle, how would the AAgent know that AA.com couldn't handle it? We have to tell them how to do their job now!
Old Aug 24, 2005, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by gemac
While I agree in principle, how would the AAgent know that AA.com couldn't handle it?
Most agents are aware of the types of bookings that cannot be handled on aa.com. In fact, some even apologize for having to charge the fee when it is for ticketing that cannot be done online.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 3:17 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
Most agents are aware of the types of bookings that cannot be handled on aa.com. In fact, some even apologize for having to charge the fee when it is for ticketing that cannot be done online.
And that makes the charge go away... how?
Old Aug 24, 2005, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Is the $15 award booking handling fee increased too?

I called to change my AAward ticket today and they've reprogrammed the inquisitive automated lady (IAL) that always answers the phone.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by Spiff
And that makes the charge go away... how?
It doesn't. (And I didn't intend to imply otherwise. ) I was responding to this comment: While I agree in principle, how would the AAgent know that AA.com couldn't handle it? It's not agents' lack of understanding online booking that prevents them from waiving fees in certain cases..... it's just stupid AA policy.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 6:51 pm

What a freakin' surprise... Guess the saw our excitement on the new J seats and figures they needed to put us in our places --- bent over...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.