Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Wells Fargo Bank have a corporate discount with AA?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
Does Wells Fargo Bank have a corporate discount with AA?

Is there any way to find out if a company has a negotiated corporate discount with AA? I've tried calling AA Platinum and they have no idea what I am talking about and say something to the effect that I need to talk to the corporate travel department so set one up???

Try as I may, I can't find out if Wells Fargo Bank has a negotiated corporate discount with AA. A good friend of mine works for a small division of Wells Fargo Bank and while she has to travel for business (usually on extremely short notice), she has no idea if Wells Fargo Bank has a negotiated corporate discount with AA. Since she works for such a small division of Wells Fargo, they don't have much communication with Corporate and so her group has no idea what travel benefits they may have. Wells Fargo is a pretty large company so I am hoping that they have a negotiated discount.

I figure that for the price of the tickets she pays, she could easily be in a premium cabin (if Wells Fargo did have a negotiated discount) rather than in the back of the bus based on what I read about corporate rates here on FT. I figure she would owe me a HUGE favor if I can help her solve this one?

Help?

Thanks,

Onedog
Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:14 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
First, why would you expect that the PLT desk would know anything about this? This has nothing to do with helping PLT members travel.

I'd suggest the Wells Fargo would be the best source of information on corporate deals they may have negotiated with other companies. As an employee of Wells Fargo, your friend should be able to get that info. Even if there is such a deal, I would think that AA is not at liberty to reveal that information to people who ask. Seems it would be privileged information between AA and WF.

Cheers.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 12:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A couple of other questions come to my mind, assuming she, and not you, works for WFB.

If she is to be the beneficiary of possible upgrades and is so enthused about the possibility of moving up, don't you think she would be the one to follow through? I am sure WFB has an intranet as well as numbers she can use to call the appropriate people.

Is she as enthused as you with the idea "she would owe me a HUGE favor if I can help her solve this one," assuming she feels it's actually a problem to solve?

Cheers,
Old Aug 21, 2005, 2:31 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Something is fishy about this thread.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 2:45 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Negotiated contracts rates are properitary information between the airline and corporation. If an employee is unsure as to whether she has a corporate discount, she should contact her supervisor, or the corporate travel agency. Surely, Wells Fargo has a corporate travel department. But the discussion of such a discount is not appropriate for this forum. Moderators should know that.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 2:51 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Deja vu all over again >

Cheers.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA GLD; UA 2P; HHonors GLD; SPG
Originally Posted by zakami
I don't understand, what is wrong?
Old Aug 21, 2005, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
The employee needs to call their corporate travel department and ask.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 4:36 pm
Suspended

It's scary that a mod is asking such a basic question. Yes. WFB has a contract with AA and its details are available to WFB employees from WFB.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brp
First, why would you expect that the PLT desk would know anything about this? This has nothing to do with helping PLT members travel.

I'd suggest the Wells Fargo would be the best source of information on corporate deals they may have negotiated with other companies. As an employee of Wells Fargo, your friend should be able to get that info. Even if there is such a deal, I would think that AA is not at liberty to reveal that information to people who ask. Seems it would be privileged information between AA and WF.

Cheers.
Why not ask the Platinum desk? Good a start as any? All they can do is tell me they can't help me. Which they did.

I am just trying to find out if WF HAS a corporate discount, not what the rate code is. If someone here knows for sure (because maybe they also work for WF?) that WF HAS a corporate discount with AA, then that is all I need to know.

I can then tell my friend that that she has benefits and needs to push corporate travel to try harder.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
A couple of other questions come to my mind, assuming she, and not you, works for WFB.
Safe on your assumption that it is she, not I, who works for WFB.

If she is to be the beneficiary of possible upgrades and is so enthused about the possibility of moving up, don't you think she would be the one to follow through? I am sure WFB has an intranet as well as numbers she can use to call the appropriate people.
Some people just aren't as good at following up. For some folks, inertia is very difficult to overcome. For us FT devotees, that type of attitude is blasphemy!

Is she as enthused as you with the idea "she would owe me a HUGE favor if I can help her solve this one," assuming she feels it's actually a problem to solve?
She doesn't even know that I am trying to find out this information for her. If I find out that WFB does have a negotiated discount, then I will tell her.

Last edited by onedog; Aug 21, 2005 at 6:01 pm
Old Aug 21, 2005, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zakami
Please care to explain why?
Old Aug 21, 2005, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jeffreyt
Negotiated contracts rates are properitary information between the airline and corporation. If an employee is unsure as to whether she has a corporate discount, she should contact her supervisor, or the corporate travel agency. Surely, Wells Fargo has a corporate travel department. But the discussion of such a discount is not appropriate for this forum. Moderators should know that.
I am not asking for any rate codes or any other proprietary information.

I ask my fellow moderators to close this thread down if they feel this request is inappropriate.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drtdk
It's scary that a mod is asking such a basic question. Yes. WFB has a contract with AA and its details are available to WFB employees from WFB.
If this is actual first hand information, then thank you very much for the answer.

Moderators, please close this thread.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Ok, follow up on my conversation with my friend.

me: hey, you know, I think you should be getting a better rate with AA when you fly for WFB. For the price of your tickets, you may be able to be flying up front.

her: I think I already do get a pretty good price.

me: how come you aren't flying in the front of the bus, considering how much you tell me your tickets cost. For the price of your tickets (last minute, full fare), I read on FT that folks who work for big corporations get a much better deal than it it seems you are getting.

her: well my travel agent books my ticket (her division uses a local travel agent, not a in house corporate travel agent. They were bought a couple of years ago by WF but have yet to really be fully assimilated into the hive).

me: well you should be pushing her harder to check with your corporate HQ for any discounts or benefits you are entitled to.

her: yeah, I'll check (with a tone of "someday")

me: (extremely frustrated) You need to check on this tomorrow. You could possibly be sitting up front rather than praying that your upgrade clears.

her: ok, bye.

me: ARGH!!!!!!

Last edited by onedog; Aug 21, 2005 at 6:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.