Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA cuddled me in her bosom, warm and cozy for another year (with photos)!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA cuddled me in her bosom, warm and cozy for another year (with photos)!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:46 am
Suspended

Two diversions and now a pointless post reeking of self importance, all in the last seven days. Could my luck be any worse?

Last edited by drtdk; Aug 16, 2005 at 10:58 am
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
It's hard to let this bother me....puffery and LV bag and all...

I certainly don't care about the existance of another thread.

I am not a "FT purist" that feels that every thread has its rightful place and threads should never be OT, etc. I really could care less about that stuff, and think that the FT we have today is divided into too many seperate forums with the result being that it really dilutes the FT experience.

I also feel that the more people participate, the better, including Charles.

While there is no news that I care about in this thread...I admit I was enticed into it by the alluring headline...Charles does seem to have some extensive flying expereince and does from time to time offer informative insights into various flights/trips/services.

Most of us are a mixture of pluses and minuses...and I think we need to accept the package that with Charles, there's the blather and pointless posts, but there's also some value there too.

Of course, no one ever forces anyone to read any of his posts, so what's the harm?

As for Pucci...I am impressed to see her posting regualarly over here at AA and hope we get the chance to meet one day.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by drtdk
Two diversions and now a pointless post reeking of self importance, all in the last seven days. Could my luck be any worse?
Well, you could look down at your next seat-mate's carryon and recognize it from a photo you saw on FT...

Is it too far off the original topic to ask people whether they would rather sit (a) next to their personal FT fellow-poster nightmare (see, no personal attacks here!) or (b) in a middle seat in coach between two sumo wrestlers suffering flatulence during a ground-stop in DFW in August?
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:25 am

Programs: AA PLT, Starwood PLT, Continental PLT, Virgin GLD
I am just one DFW-EZE trip away from my first ever Executive Plat. year... Oh August 22nd, hurry up and get here and then I hope my cards come fast!!
Old Aug 16, 2005, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP (home of the "Comfort Mileage Run")
Originally Posted by CO FF
Well, you could look down at your next seat-mate's carryon and recognize it from a photo you saw on FT...

Is it too far off the original topic to ask people whether they would rather sit (a) next to their personal FT fellow-poster nightmare (see, no personal attacks here!) or (b) in a middle seat in coach between two sumo wrestlers suffering flatulence during a ground-stop in DFW in August?
If (a) is the twit I think you're talking about, it's a coin-toss. If (a) is also flatulent, I'll take the sumo wrestlers.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 12:54 pm

Well, most of us are not nearly as wealthy, important, and prestigious as you. I mean, you always fly first, so peasants like us need to be in back. Remember, we met once, I know how you really act when you travel....
Old Aug 16, 2005, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hilton-gold
Well, most of us are not nearly as wealthy, important, and prestigious as you. I mean, you always fly first, so peasants like us need to be in back. Remember, we met once, I know how you really act when you travel....
PM me the details of this and I'll paypal ya' thirty American dollars.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by CT-UK
Glad to see we have managed to get the LV bag in the picture as standard but very dissapointed the Concrde tag wasn't placed in it and that the harvard magazine is missing.

p.s. PLEASE buy a new camera that you can either trick to think it has a higer ISO film setting or brace yourself against a wall when you take all your pics as so many are blured.
^ Sad, funny and true!

PS. I don't get the self-gratification posts such as these
Old Aug 16, 2005, 1:30 pm

Name that tune....

Originally Posted by JonNYC

I would do $50....
Old Aug 16, 2005, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Talking Do I Hear $70....$100???

Originally Posted by AA in CA
I would do $50....
We have $30......., gentleman in the back called $50....do I hear $70.....$100???

Going once, going twice.......
Old Aug 16, 2005, 1:52 pm

Welcome back, Jon. I guess 'ole Chucky made it out of London alive. What a nit wit.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Hold it, hold it, HOLD IT!!
We're running an auction against ourselves. Let's "knock it out" in the hallway (BTW, that is genuine auction-bidding lingo-- a frowned upon practice where prospective bidders who know each other (and know that they'll all be interested in the same lots) agree, in advance, what to pay for each lot so as to deprive the seller of a genuine, free-wheeling auction) and see what the asking price is-- let's say $50 and we'll all split it.

I'm sure it will be worth e v e r y p e n n y....
Old Aug 16, 2005, 1:57 pm

Sounds good....

Hold it, hold it, HOLD IT!!
We're running an auction against ourselves. Let's "knock it out" in the hallway (BTW, that is genuine auction-bidding lingo-- a frowned upon practice where prospective bidders who know each other (and know that they'll all be interested in the same lots) agree, in advance, what to pay for each lot so as to deprive the seller of a genuine, free-wheeling auction) and see what the asking price is-- let's say $50 and we'll all split it.

I'm sure it will be worth e v e r y p e n n y....
as they say in NY/NJ

'lemme know when you got the goods....'
Old Aug 16, 2005, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
Talking

Originally Posted by jkc22
We have $30......., gentleman in the back called $50....do I hear $70.....$100???

Going once, going twice.......

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Bad, bad, bad
Old Aug 16, 2005, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AA in CA
as they say in NY/NJ

'lemme know when you got the goods....'
!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.