Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to get 3K miles fast.. without flying.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2005, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star going on Oneworld
How to get 3K miles fast.. without flying.

A very generous FTer has decided to give me an award in F to Australia but is short 3K miles. Other than buying the miles or transferring from someone else.. is there a quick and fast way to earn those 3K miles without having to fly?

A transfer seems to be the 'cheapest'. It's around $50 plus $30 processing fee. Purchasing the miles comes out more expensive.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Old Aug 3, 2005, 10:58 am

Programs: AA PLT
$300 worth of flowers (a nice thank you gift!) at 1-800-flowers or ftd.com? (w/ AA promo code, of course) More expensive than transfer, of course.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 12:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

The retail mileage-earning options are usually SLOW to post to the AA account. I would go with a points transfer.. Starwood is usually very quick - not sure how others (HHonors, etc) turn out.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by izzik
The retail mileage-earning options are usually SLOW to post to the AA account. I would go with a points transfer.. Starwood is usually very quick - not sure how others (HHonors, etc) turn out.
Actually, IME, miles for flowers post quite quickly. Miles from aadvantageeshopping take FOREVER.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You could transfer or gift the miles and pay the freight, or offer to compensate the friend for 3,000 purchased miles. That's very little for a QF F trip to Oz - though that does bring up another issue, that the QF F awards are notoriously scarce, so I certainly hope your plans are very flexible - and not in the near future.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.