Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia J

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2005, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott SIL, Hyatt GLD
Iberia J

I'm flying MIA-MAD in J on an AAward in December. ex-MIA is on IB metal (12/21 IB6122), ex-MAD on AA metal. Both flights were on 763, but now it seems the IB flight has changed to 743.

Does anyone have any experience in J on an IB743 J? Is it any good? Is this a 3-class or 2-class plane? Is upstairs configured for J (as often is on BA), and if so, do I want it? It might matter that it's from MIA - from the search I did it seems it might be different from JFK.

Also, there's a 763 about 25 minutes later on AA metal (AA68). Am I better off on that one if I can get on?
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Isn't IB6122 actually an Air Atlanta 2-class aircraft? I'd not bet on any new, spiffy J seats on that flight, though I could certainly be wrong. As variable as secondary IB can be, I'd personally opt for the AA 763 every time. YMMV.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 3:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ORDinary Gold
...Also, there's a 763 about 25 minutes later on AA metal (AA68). Am I better off on that one if I can get on?
On other routes, where IB offers Business Plus, it might well be a different story, but on that particular flight, yes, you are far better off on AA, IMO.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Isn't IB6122 actually an Air Atlanta 2-class aircraft?
IB6122 is, in fact Air Atlanta. Are these all 2-class aircrafts? Are they all to be avoided if possible?

Is there any chance this will be Business Plus? From other threads, it seems IB is adding them at a good clip.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP
...Is there any chance this will be Business Plus?...
I can't see Iberia offering Business Plus on this aircraft

AIRCRAFT OWNER SINGAPORE AIRLINES
COCKPIT CREW AIR ATLANTA
CABIN CREW IBERIA
OPERATED BY AIR ATLANTA ICELANDIC
particularly after announcing that Business Plus is to be offered on the A340 series (starting with the A346).
Old Aug 2, 2005, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone.
We called to try to jump onto the 763 on AA metal 25 minutes later, and they told us there's no AAward availabity and would charge a $100 change fee if there was.
I may try to call and try again later and hope for a friendlier rep, but I've pretty much resigned myself to J on the "Iberia" 747. I'll report on the experience after my trip.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

How it worked out

Here's the post-trip update I promised.
Somewhere along the line, they changed equipment to an Airbus 340. The experience in J (J-Plus) was outstanding - the seats were very comfortable, and reclined to just about 180.
We flew home in J on a 2-class AA 762. I would say the experiences were comparable. The IB had better food, but the AA flight had the Bose headphones. The IB seat also reclined a bit further, but the AA flight was daytime so I didn't care.
I won't hesitate to take IB in J from MIA-MAD again if the opportunity arises.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 12:36 am
Suspended

Some more recent info on IB's various configs:
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...=315764&page=3
Old Jan 5, 2006, 3:52 am
Suspended

Somewhere along the line, they changed equipment to an Airbus 340. The experience in J (J-Plus) was outstanding - the seats were very comfortable, and reclined to just about 180. The IB had better food, ... seat also reclined a bit further.
I won't hesitate to take IB in J from MIA-MAD again if the opportunity arises.
http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/home.do
Old Jan 5, 2006, 10:01 am
Suspended

Somewhere along the line, they changed equipment to an Airbus 340. The experience in J (J-Plus) was outstanding...
After a second read, just wanted to point out (as detailed in the other thread) that A340 alone doesn't tell you which config (old or new.)

In any case, I find row one of business class to actually be my favorite row (there are cut-outs in the bulkhead so you have the same (if not more) storage as the other rows.) And, if it happens to be the old business product, then, you definitely want row 1.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 6:12 pm

Jfk/ord-mad J

Iberia lists aircraft type 340 or 343. Anyone know which has the new J seats?
Old Jan 7, 2006, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rtgeisreit
Iberia lists aircraft type 340 or 343. Anyone know which has the new J seats?
From the other thread:
Originally Posted by MiamiBeach
I haven't personally, but my best friend just flew this config MAD-LIM. First row was the old F-class which was nice, and the rest was the old J-class which was not so nice. He was on an award ticket using my AA miles, and for some reason could not get a seat assignment in advance from AA or IB.

In the schedule, "340" means A340-300 with the old config, "343" means A340-300 with the new config (very few of these), "346" means A340-600 with the new config (all -600s have been converted or delivered in the new config).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.