Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hyatt card in the mail..

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2005, 1:41 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Got mine today.

Last Hyatt stay was a priceline stay for the Chicago Do long ago...
Old Jul 14, 2005, 6:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by flying junkie
Rec'd this offer as well - not even AA Exec Plat - just AA Plat. I don't think it has anything to do with prior Hyatt experience. I have a Gold Passport account from travel years ago, but the last stay I had at any Hyatt was a reward stay in January 2004. Most telling, the card I received in the mail had a new, different GP Acct number and during email correspondence with GP, they indicated that they would transfer the Platinum status to my existing account and that the promotion was still available to me.

Definitely a good deal - I'm going to take them up on it for the 5K AA miles, but probably will then go back to re-qualifying for SPG Plat. While AA Plat = Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat > Hyatt Plat!
Apparently Hyatt Diamonds are getting these Hyatt Platinum duplicate accounts too. I wonder if Hyatt Customer Service will be so kind as to allow the offer to be transferable for those AA EXPs and Plats that don't benefit extraordinarily from this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 14, 2005 at 6:54 am
Old Jul 14, 2005, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
I'm EXP and received the offer. I've never stayed at a Hyatt, though I regularly enter sweepstakes and probably belong to Hyatt program due to one I entered.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 12:46 pm

Any one outside the US receive this?
Old Jul 14, 2005, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Out of curiosity-- and not to say that there's any science to these things-- but of the folks who have received this, would you describe your stays-to-date this year at Hyatt to be;
a) None
b) 1-3
c) 5 or more
None. Ever. But now I might have to stay at one just once.....

The Park Hyatts look incredible, but there just aren't enough of them.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 6:37 pm

Programs: HHGold; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; AA Platinum; NWA Gold
Out of curiosity-- and not to say that there's any science to these things-- but of the folks who have received this, would you describe your stays-to-date this year at Hyatt to be;
a) None
b) 1-3
c) 5 or more

13, still waiting for FFN before staying at Hyatt again.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 7:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP (5.8MM Airpass) Delta Gold Medallion Marriott Platinum
I'd certainly like to get this offer.
PLT isn't not worth much and only takes 5 stays a year to renew. Platinum Hyatt is about like GLD on AA. Diamond status is nice but takes at least 30 stays regardless of nights. Diamond status opens up all kinds of nice things from Hyatt and they really cater to these select few.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AA53
PLT isn't not worth much and only takes 5 stays a year to renew. Platinum Hyatt is about like GLD on AA.
I'm well aware of all that-- I've had it before. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to just get the card in the mail since I don't have it currently.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:38 pm

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
The card just came in the mail for my 6 year old. She's without status on AA with about 17K LTD miles.

And option A in terms of YTD Hyatt stays this year .

No card for the AA Life Plat in the family however.

I guess she'll be paying for the hotel on the next family vacation!
Old Jul 15, 2005, 9:32 am
Suspended

Obviously my "how many stays to date" theory is out the window... I'd still love to find this in my mail. I generally avoid all chain hotels overseas but I there are certain Hyatts that I like very much (Grand Hyatt Berlin being one of my faves and the one in SCL is sorta' like a "transit hotel" for me.)
Old Jul 15, 2005, 10:37 am

Programs: AA (what is EXP?), UA 1P, IC free mini bar club, SPG GLD
still waiting for mine
Old Jul 15, 2005, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8M, Marriott PLT, *wood GLD, Bombay Sapphire
a) None
b) 1-3
c) 5 or more
Found my card this morning going through the mail. I don't think I've stayed at a Hyatt in at least 5 years.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
In response to this offer I stayed at a Grand Hyatt on July 22nd (PHL) and received my 5000 bonus miles today. I received a new platinum gold passport card last week with an expiration date of 02/07 to replace the one I initially received with an expiration of 02/06. Very quick posting of miles and reissuance of card.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 6:09 pm
kdp

Programs: AA EXP/1MM
[QUOTE=nyc6035]The card just came in the mail for my 6 year old. She's without status on AA with about 17K LTD miles.

My 3 year old (plat.) is the only one in our family who gets these targeted offers. Starwood has given her mid-tier 3 times, iirc.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Obviously my "how many stays to date" theory is out the window... I'd still love to find this in my mail. I generally avoid all chain hotels overseas but I there are certain Hyatts that I like very much (Grand Hyatt Berlin being one of my faves and the one in SCL is sorta' like a "transit hotel" for me.)
I loathe most domestic Hyatt properties, but the Park Hyatt Sydney and the Ararat Park Hyatt in Moscow are great hotels. [P.S., It's nice to have you back.]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.