Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change BA award on AA flight??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2005, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
Change BA award on AA flight??

I currently have an award flight with BA miles on AA metal domestically that didn't have a direct flight when i booked it. AA has since added direct flights which would cut about 4 hours off my trip....i know that you cannot cancel award tix using BA miles on AA....but will they let you change the flight to a direct flight on the same day? Or am I better off hoping that the day of the flight to check with a ticket agent to see if they will be kind enough to let me switch flights with no fee.

Sorry if this would be better posted in BA forum, let me know. And move if necessary to there moderator, but thought some AA geniuses could help me out here.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
anybody have any experience with this???
Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Award itineraries are usually much easier to change than restricted fare itineraries. I'd call and make an inquiry.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by zipual
I currently have an award flight with BA miles on AA metal domestically that didn't have a direct flight when i booked it. AA has since added direct flights which would cut about 4 hours off my trip....i know that you cannot cancel award tix using BA miles on AA....but will they let you change the flight to a direct flight on the same day? Or am I better off hoping that the day of the flight to check with a ticket agent to see if they will be kind enough to let me switch flights with no fee.

Sorry if this would be better posted in BA forum, let me know. And move if necessary to there moderator, but thought some AA geniuses could help me out here.

Since BA is the ticket issuing agent, only they can change any part of it before the trip. I suggest you call BA.

Going standby on the day of the flight? I'm really not sure, but I imagine that if you get a nice GA and there are empty seats, it may be possible, but it's not a guarantee.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:59 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
In my limited experience, your only real chance is hoping for a friendly AAgent at the airport and getting on an earlier flight. If there is a slight schedule change, then the possibility that BA is a little more understanding increases (but only very slightly).
Old Jun 28, 2005, 2:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
This is best asked on the BA forum, as, as it's been mentioned, it is BA dealing with your booking. Awards on BA flights are generally rebookable subject to a fee - I fear that awards on OW partners may not be changable though. Again if you ask on the BA forum, or ring BA directly, you'll quickly know the answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.