Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club "Offer" - Worth it??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2005, 3:18 pm

It is for 12 months from the month of purchase.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I would say go for it. An AC membership pays for itself the first time you have to deal with IROPS (irregular ops) or INVOLs anywhere, systemwide. The lovely AAgents at the clubs will go the extra mile for you almost every time to reroute, give vouchers, upgrade, bump, etc.

And the international clubs are especially nice! I'm sitting at the SCL club now and it is fabulous! (one of the best that I have seen). It has SO much food! Sandwiches, chips, fruit, crackers, cheese, ice cream, free open bar, etc. etc. etc. It probably rivals what the FLs have in the States!

It really makes me want to come back to Chile, just to get to visit the AC again.

(short version: it's worth every penny if you travel frequently on AA)
Old Jun 13, 2005, 5:32 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ESpen36

And the international clubs are especially nice! I'm sitting at the SCL club now and it is fabulous! (one of the best that I have seen). It has SO much food! Sandwiches, chips, fruit, crackers, cheese, ice cream, free open bar, etc. etc. etc. It probably rivals what the FLs have in the States!

It really makes me want to come back to Chile, just to get to visit the AC again.
I agree with you about the AC (I'm a member). Just note that the above is not a value-added proposition for those PLT or above. Status automatically gets internanal AC access in that case.

Cheers.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
As I need to renew and have not gotten any targeted promotions any tips on renewing cheaply? Are the targeted promotions some code that I can "try" to use.

The whole notion of me being an EXP and having to pay for lounge access is not something I like (don't think it is like that in foreign airlines), with all that is going on in the industry it is not a big deal though....

Another question how many "1 day" passes can be applied to a yearly subscription and for how long are they valid?
Old Jun 13, 2005, 6:02 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by seaskybound

Another question how many "1 day" passes can be applied to a yearly subscription and for how long are they valid?
Incredibly, the AA.com site has the answers to just these questions:

If you decide to become an Admirals Club member within 30 days of your visit using the one-day pass, the fee paid, up to $100, will be applied toward your annual membership.

https://www.aa.com/content/travelInf...eDayPass.jhtml

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.