Wiki Posts
Search

AA wants to fly to Northeastern Brazil

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2005, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by Deltahater
Help me understand why you want nonstop service to Manaus...

Have you been there????

It is easily the most god-foresaken city on this planet. Unless you have to go there for business or are into greenpeace and want to save a tree, really, tell me why you want to go there...

although they have a nice Opera House...

I think AA can pick more profitable routes...
Just because you don't like the place doesn't mean it is not profitable. Why would Manaus be profitable?

1) Lot's of a business/trade traffic.
2) Lot's of ecotourism traffic, that is typically better yielding than your normal "let's go to Hawai'i" crowd.
3) Huge cargo revenue.
4) Important gateway to Northeast Brazil.

LAB's been making a killing on Miami-Manaus for years. AA would love to join in.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
And I think a lot of people would rather fly AA than LAB.

Originally Posted by MAH4546
Just LAB's been making a killing on Miami-Manaus for years. AA would love to join in.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by Deltahater
Help me understand why you want nonstop service to Manaus...

Have you been there????

It is easily the most god-foresaken city on this planet. Unless you have to go there for business or are into greenpeace and want to save a tree, really, tell me why you want to go there...

although they have a nice Opera House...

I think AA can pick more profitable routes...
Might be a lot of cargo moving in and out of there. I think that would make it very profitable. You are right, the Opera House is nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.