Wiki Posts
Search

Trouble with AA ticket hold deadlines?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2005, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Trouble with AA ticket hold deadlines?

Have you run into problem where you put tickets on hold at certain price, but:
1- AA feels that even during the hold period( let's say 24 hours) the price is not fixed-that is it could go up?
2-On AA web site one place it gives you one date for hold perid and an other page an other date?
3-AA web site will say held until 11:59 of your time zone, but AA cancells them in whatever time zone they are doing their computer sweep that day? Does giving you the zone is meaningless/ misleading.
Old May 31, 2005, 7:50 pm
21A

I have found that sometimes the computer starts swallowing the seats at 12 midnight Central, rather than 2 AM Central, which is what the Hold receipt usually says – but I've never had a problem calling AA.com web support and getting it booked at the original price, no surcharge, with bonus miles. (Though, hmm, maybe I should get out of the habit of doing everything at the last possible minute…)
Old Jun 6, 2005, 12:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K, AS 75K, LT Titanium, Globalist
The worst is actually booking a higher fare basis code (like V for Q-miles) when a lower one is avialable, and then trying to buy the ticket online. It always "finds" a better fare, forcing me to call in every time to up the /F code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.