Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold- Can I book biz(coach) @ time of booking?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2005, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Gold- Can I book biz(coach) @ time of booking?

I am on a flight to LAX from ORD & wanted to know if I can book a confirmed seat in Biz class on a coach fare?

Also, is it possible to book my wife, too if on the same PNR?

I usually fly NW who has Plat companion 5 day EAU's. This time I am looking to get to LAX from ORD without any connections.

seatguru states the possibility of getting a Biz class seat from coach fare on domestic 767's

American will be adding 8 additional seats onto these planes by June 2005, removing "More Room Throughout Coach" and reducing the seat pitch a few inches. We will update the site with new configurations as they become available. When this plane flies transcon it provides American's Flagship Service (AFS). On shorter Domestic and Caribbean flights, only 2 classes are sold, so Economy flyers might get Business Class seats.First Class: 62.0" pitch 19.0" width older sleeper seats with electric lumbar and legrests
Business Class: 50.0" pitch 18.5" width electric lumbar support and legrests
Economy Class: 32-34.0" pitch 17.2" width "More Room Throughout Coach"

Thanks,

WT
Old May 29, 2005, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
If you are ever booking on a three-class plane sold as two, then yes, as Gold, you can reserve Business Class seats.
Old May 29, 2005, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
I believe there is only one 763 on this route and it's a 2 class plane, so no, you can't book into the front cabin on this plane when purchasing discounted economy ticket.

I don't know about the 3 class 762 but on some domestic routes, the 777 is sold as 2 class and that's when you can grab a J seat, but it's still Y service.
Old May 29, 2005, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
Elites logged into AA.com should see the J cabin offered with everything else aft as Y when checking available seats for Y class only. Nonelites will see the J seats all unavailable.

Occasionally there is an equipement substitution at flight time and a two class plane is used. The gate agents dread this as many of the elites complain and demand better seating on the replacement craft.
Old May 29, 2005, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by pgppetch
Elites logged into AA.com should see the J cabin offered with everything else aft as Y when checking available seats for Y class only. Nonelites will see the J seats all unavailable.

Occasionally there is an equipement substitution at flight time and a two class plane is used. The gate agents dread this as many of the elites complain and demand better seating on the replacement craft.
Are you able to book yourself & a companion on the same ITN (non-elite) in J?Thanks to all for your prompt responses,

WT
Old May 29, 2005, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Yep, and if the website doesn't accept your companion a quick call to AA will.
Old May 30, 2005, 1:19 am
21A

Even in the 777 scenario, it should be noted here that you're really not booking in J, you're just getting a coach seat that happens to be nice and large. No guarantees against equipment swaps, etc. And no food.
Old May 30, 2005, 1:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by mkincaid
Even in the 777 scenario, it should be noted here that you're really not booking in J, you're just getting a coach seat that happens to be nice and large. No guarantees against equipment swaps, etc. And no food.

I thought I did note it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.