Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticketing at AC - specifically SFO

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2005, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Ticketing at AC - specifically SFO

Though the website indicates that basic ticketing is provided, I called the SFO AC, and was told they don't do any ticketing. Has this been others' experience? I am trying to ticket a reservation I have on hold using vouchers, and I'm afraid the check-in/ticketing counters are going to be a zoo tonight. I only have a 30 minute layover, and DEN will apprarently be closed by the time we get there. Any tips?
Old May 27, 2005, 12:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
iirc, SFO has usually had a separate counter for purchasing tickets, which is often not busy at all. I've casually noticed this, but I can't tell you specifically and how recently, as I do use SFO fairly often.

I do know the AC can make changes, but I guess issuing a printed ticket is not possible - I have not seen the kind of machine that would print tickets in the SFO AC. More recent / observant FTers may post otherwise...

Good luck.
Old May 27, 2005, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
I haven't ticketed anything at SFO in years, but there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to ticket something for you.

I would be very surprised if they refused....
Old May 27, 2005, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
I do know the AC can make changes, but I guess issuing a printed ticket is not possible - I have not seen the kind of machine that would print tickets in the SFO AC. More recent / observant FTers may post otherwise...
I was under the impression that any machine that could print a BP could print a ticket. I have received tickets that were printed on the same stock as BPs at many airport ticket counters. Now, if the SFO AC does not have a machine that can print BPs, it would be a whole different story. I have used the SFO AC a number of times but have never needed to get a BP there.
Old May 27, 2005, 1:41 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'm sure they can print a BP - I have had several BPs printed there, and flights changed. Just not a full-on travel coupon-type ticket.

Originally Posted by ajacpril
I was under the impression that any machine that could print a BP could print a ticket. I have received tickets that were printed on the same stock as BPs at many airport ticket counters. Now, if the SFO AC does not have a machine that can print BPs, it would be a whole different story. I have used the SFO AC a number of times but have never needed to get a BP there.
Old May 27, 2005, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
deleted

Last edited by UAL_Rulez; May 27, 2005 at 2:32 pm Reason: removed b/c didn't read OP carefully
Old May 27, 2005, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3.6...MM-gonna take LONGER to hit 4MM for those VIPs soon!
I think the issue of ticketing in the AC is whether any rep in the club know how to ticket. I had a STX-SJU ticket issued in the ORD AC; the rep explained that "simple ticketing" could be done in the clubroom. Because the reps mainly admit members and check-in pax, they would not want to be tied up in a length ticketing transaction and would simply defer it to the ticket counter. I would be surprized if any AC rep would be able or willing to issue a ticket against vouchers.
Old May 27, 2005, 2:54 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
AHHH for the good-old days of the short-live Platinum desks that most Admirals Clubs had!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.