Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: oneworld / Explorer Awards Using AA Miles info

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2007, 7:29 pm

And India. Just paid $149 per ticket for Y->J upgrades using VIPs.

AFAIK, the UK tax does not apply when connecting in the UK without stopping over
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
If you ever get asked the question on Who wants to be a millionaire - I think Pakistan also has such taxes differentiated by class of travel
Old Apr 26, 2007, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by ajacpril
And India. Just paid $149 per ticket for Y->J upgrades using VIPs.

AFAIK, the UK tax does not apply when connecting in the UK without stopping over
Do you mean that $149 is just a being in business class surcharge?

So, am I right in thinking that being in business class on this itin adds $80 (UK), ~$50 France, and $149 India?

If so, I am definitely going to have to downgrade
Old Apr 26, 2007, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by martian
Do you mean that $149 is just a being in business class surcharge?

So, am I right in thinking that being in business class on this itin adds $80 (UK), ~$50 France, and $149 India?

If so, I am definitely going to have to downgrade
They are all a sort of 'luxury' tax, but they differ on how they are charged. LHR is for a stopover there, India is for tickets that originate there, CDG I don't know but I suspect it is like LHR.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero
They are all a sort of 'luxury' tax, but they differ on how they are charged. LHR is for a stopover there, India is for tickets that originate there, CDG I don't know but I suspect it is like LHR.

So, that means the India tax won't hit me because I am not originating in BOM (just stopping over)? or does a stopover count as an origination?

Old Apr 26, 2007, 8:33 pm

So, that means the India tax won't hit me because I am not originating in BOM (just stopping over)?...
Correct.
Old Apr 26, 2007, 10:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
I have few questions after reading the rule, sorry don't really have time to go over that 25 pages

I am planning trip like this

LAX-LIM(SO)-CUZ(SO)-LIM(C)-GRU(C)-EZE(SO)-SCL(SO)-IPC(SO)-SCL(C)-Dfw(c)-SFO

total countable miles 13935(right?)

LAX-LIM-CUZ-LIM-GRU on Lan
GRU-EZE on BA
EZE SCL-IPC-SCLon LAN
SCL-DFW-SFO on AA

Is this valid?From the rule on first page, you CAN SO at one city and connecting through this city up to 2 times

Thanks

Thanks

Last edited by yyliu88; Apr 29, 2007 at 2:25 am
Old Apr 26, 2007, 11:03 pm

Hi all,

I have some more questions about my itin if anyone has a moment. My STR-BUD-CDG flights show up online as Economy R class!! The agent told me this was business, but why does it say economy?

So, far (if the Malev issue is resolved) I have 2 AA flights and 2 RJ flights that are in Economy. Will either airline let us into their lounges despite this because the rest of the ticket is booked in business?

I am especially concerned because on our DXB-AMM-BEY flight we only have 30 mins to connect. If we miss that connection (seems likely) we will have to wait at the airport for about 12 hours (that is if they even put us on the next flight). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers :-:
Old Apr 27, 2007, 6:28 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by yyliu88
... From the rule on first page, you CAN SO at one city and connecting through this city up to 2 times.
You're correct about a stopover and two connections in LIM.

I get 13,798 for LAX-LIM-CUZ-EZE-SCL-IPC-SFO.

How do you plan to get from LIM-SFO? You can't go through LAX, so you'll have to look at JFK or MIA, etc.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 9:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by LRD
You're correct about a stopover and two connections in LIM.

I get 13,798 for LAX-LIM-CUZ-EZE-SCL-IPC-SFO.

How do you plan to get from LIM-SFO? You can't go through LAX, so you'll have to look at JFK or MIA, etc.
Yes, MIA, JFK or DFW, more
Old Apr 27, 2007, 10:15 pm

What flight goes LIM-DFW?
Old Apr 29, 2007, 2:23 am

What flight goes LIM-DFW?
I mean SCL-DFW-SFO
Old Apr 30, 2007, 3:55 pm

India is for tickets that originate there
Thanks for that nuance.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 3:58 pm

I'd guess no access with no status.
So, far (if the Malev issue is resolved) I have 2 AA flights and 2 RJ flights that are in Economy. Will either airline let us into their lounges despite this because the rest of the ticket is booked in business?
Old Apr 30, 2007, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Another option is to take LAN LIM-MEX and then AA MEX-DFW-SFO.
Old May 3, 2007, 5:00 am

I need a few more tips here if anyone is willing to share.

We are thinking of going from CDG-ORD the long way around on either Cathay or Japan Airways. Having never flown in business on any of the OW carriers we though it might be kind of fun and would also give us the opportunity to have a small <24 hours non-stopover stopover in either NRT or HKG. I have done some searches and can't seem to find anything that compares the business class of these two airlines. Is there a significant difference? I'm sure we would enjoy either one, but I'd like to hear some opinions nonetheless.

Thanks....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.