Wiki Posts
Search

Buy on board food service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2005, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Buy on board food service

Has anyone experienced the turkey grub in Y and care to make comments? I have an upcoming SFO-JFK flight on a 767-300 with only 4 seats in J left. I even tried using miles to upgrade but I couldn't and am dreading the experience. (Looking back I probably stood a better chance booking a 767-200) Am definitely planning to buy something before I board or hope for an oversold. I know this has been discussed before at length but it's a disgrace that on the AFS flights (JFK-LAX/SFO) and flights to Hawaii, you have to buy your food when UA is offering PS. Seems like flights to SJU still have meals and the flights are 2 hours shorter?!?

Last edited by RxCapt; Feb 2, 2005 at 11:44 pm Reason: clarification
Old Feb 2, 2005, 11:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There is no Flagship Service I know of on a 767-323ER LAX or SFO to JFK. Those are the exclusive (?) purview of the few remaining 767-223s with three-class service (even menus in J and F last time I flew on one.)

But you are right, the food thing is nasty, so in self-defense, BYO. Maybe these cost cutting measures will help AA stay afloat, or maybe they will alienate some, but they still have to try.

“These days no one can make money on the goddamn airline business. The economics represent sheer hell.” -- C. R. Smith, President of American Airlines, upon retiring in 1968. If he were around today, he'd only be able to eat his words, in coach...
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:15 am

Programs: Aadvantage
Pretty Good

I have had the turkey wrap and can say with confidence it's far better than any food you're likely to buy at an airport Mickey D's pr Au Bon Pain, right there with (and cheaper than) the food you'll get at, say, La Madelaine (or is that just a U.S. southern chain?) Of course it will always be cheaper to make yourself a dagwood at home, but do you want to stuff it in your carry-on?

My sister flew AA yesterday and was very pleased with the service of on-board food, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.