Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bus Class Seat LHR-->DFW for Econ Fare???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2004, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Bus Class Seat LHR-->DFW for Econ Fare???

I just booked a MR: DFW-->ORD-->LHR , return LHR-->ORD-->DFW.
Fare was $513 economy
The return is a 777 on both legs. On the ORD-->DFW leg I selected seat 12B on AA.com. Oddly, I noticed that the reservation then ALSO reflected 12B on the LHR-->ORD international portion.
Will I actually GET this business class seat on the international flight when I attempt to board at LHR? I don't want any bad surprises at the gate, esp. since I can still get 31J in Economy if I'm gonna get downgraded. Please advise.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Web glitch. You will be downgraded. The only question is whether row 31 will still be open when that happens. If I were you, I would grab 31 now.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FWAAA
Web glitch. You will be downgraded. The only question is whether row 31 will still be open when that happens. If I were you, I would grab 31 now.
Will do. Thank you.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Old Nov 19, 2004, 7:20 am

I'm assuming you're booked on AA67 LHR-ORD-DFW. This is a common occurence on flight 908 EZE-MIA-DFW. A couple of weeks ago I took this as a through flight, upgrading to business with a VIP. Before the upgrade cleared, according to aa.com, I was assigned 12A for the entire trip, however the 12A assigment in reality was only for the MIA-DFW segment, where business is sold as coach. My actual seat assignment for EZE-MIA was 36J, even though aa.com showed 12A. When the upgrade cleared, aa.com showed 2J for both segments, when that was actually only true for the MIA-DFW segment. I ended up with 12B EZE-MIA and 2J MIA-DFW.

This is a glitch in the system that only seems to happen when you book a through flight on a 3 a class flight that becomes 2 class for the domestic only segment. The good news is that my coach seat assigment, even though displayed incorrectly on aa.com, was never actually lost in the main computer system. Fortunately, my upgrade cleared and it became a non-issue anyway.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 8:14 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
hehe nice work
Old Nov 19, 2004, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djcrooks
I'm assuming you're booked on AA67 LHR-ORD-DFW. This is a common occurence on flight 908 EZE-MIA-DFW. A couple of weeks ago I took this as a through flight, upgrading to business with a VIP. Before the upgrade cleared, according to aa.com, I was assigned 12A for the entire trip, however the 12A assigment in reality was only for the MIA-DFW segment, where business is sold as coach. My actual seat assignment for EZE-MIA was 36J, even though aa.com showed 12A. When the upgrade cleared, aa.com showed 2J for both segments, when that was actually only true for the MIA-DFW segment. I ended up with 12B EZE-MIA and 2J MIA-DFW.

This is a glitch in the system that only seems to happen when you book a through flight on a 3 a class flight that becomes 2 class for the domestic only segment. The good news is that my coach seat assigment, even though displayed incorrectly on aa.com, was never actually lost in the main computer system. Fortunately, my upgrade cleared and it became a non-issue anyway.
Nicely put. AA EXP Desk confirmed that this is a glitch in the software.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.