Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Shopping Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2005, 1:29 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Waited, wrote, got credit

I waited patiently, then finally wrote an e-mail when I only got 5k of my 10K bonus. I had all my ducks in a row, ready to fire away with tons of confirmation e-mails from all my purchases. However, a mere 24 hours later, they wrote back to inform me one of my purchases had been mis-coded, and they were addressing it. One day later, 5K posted to my account.

Not happy that the problem happened, but very happy they fixed it quickly.
Old May 30, 2005, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA (1MM), Marriott (LT Gold)
Originally Posted by paradocs
ExitRowAisle: Great find! I looked all over for a phone number for AAdvantage eshopping. How did you find one?

If anyone needs their address:

PO Box 4514
Petaluma, CA 94952
I can't take full credit for finding it . . . someone on this forum provided it to me months ago when I was having problems with the Holiday Shopping promo. The info was passed on to me in a separate thread that never seemed to get a lot of attention.
Old May 31, 2005, 9:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
I just called 707.283.0216 regarding my missing 2,500+ miles. The lady I spoke with was VERY cordial, took down my AAdvantage number, phone number, and said she'll have someone research it and then call me. I figure I'll give them at least to the end of the week. If I don't hear from anyone by then, a very helpful FT member gave me some additional things to try. Considering the total number of miles in all my accounts, 2,500 miles is a drop in the bucket. But it's the principal of the thing and not allowing them to get away with this!

UPDATE JUNE 1, 2005: Yesterday, for the heck of it, I called AAdvantage Customer service and got lucky. (Or, perhaps it's better said that something finally went my way.) The rep I spoke with sympathised with me and requested a "customer service bonus" for 2,500 miles, (the amount due,) which posted this morning!! Thank you "Phyllis!!"

Last edited by Neal; Jun 1, 2005 at 10:03 am
Old Jun 14, 2005, 9:30 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
I finally got a response back from the eShopping customer service. I placed three orders at Barnes & Noble in a row (different shipping addresses), but only the first transaction posted. Eshopping CS wrote back and said B&N considered the second transactions as 'direct' instead of via the portal. Of course these two transactions were enough to put me over the $1k threshold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.