Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Shopping Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2004, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Has anyone ever ordered through this site, then cancelled the order, and still gotten the mileage credit?
Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by aimela
Darn, ordered a $2K computer from Dell this morning before I saw this post. Double Darn. But I need to order a $2K laptop from Sony, so everything works out?
You can always cancel and reorder through AAdvantage eShopping.

Originally Posted by bellbm
Has anyone ever ordered through this site, then cancelled the order, and still gotten the mileage credit?
It won't work. The merchant pays the mall in commissions and a canceled order will not be reported in total commissions.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 11:48 pm

Thanks...

let's see how much in office supplies I can get! ^
Old Nov 17, 2004, 6:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
It's not just you...

Originally Posted by holmedown
Want / need a new laptop - ideal opportunity to earn a bonus 10K miles plus the 2 miles per $ .... but my Mastercard is registered in the UK ... so no go - they are quite happy for me to pick it up in-store and pay with it then - but not order on line and collect from store .... any ideas anyone ???
Looks like Canadians may be excluded from this one too. According to the T&C, billing addresses outside the US or goods shipped outside may not accrue miles. It would appear that you have to complete the transaction to find out. This is disappointing considering most of these participating companies do a pretty good business here, so what's different?

Last edited by yyzflyer; Nov 17, 2004 at 6:39 am
Old Nov 17, 2004, 7:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bellbm
The ethics of some continue to amaze me.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 8:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyzflyer
Looks like Canadians may be excluded from this one too. According to the T&C, billing addresses outside the US or goods shipped outside may not accrue miles. It would appear that you have to complete the transaction to find out. This is disappointing considering most of these participating companies do a pretty good business here, so what's different?
The problem is most of the companies will not accept a credit card without a US billing address - so can't even get that far !! the "may not accrue miles" won't come into it as you cannot get past the billing stage.

Does anyone one know if I get a friend to buy with their US card, but log in thru advantageshopping using my AA No. whether the points will post to my account (or stand a chance of posting anyway).
Old Nov 17, 2004, 9:51 am

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
Originally Posted by holmedown
Does anyone one know if I get a friend to buy with their US card, but log in thru advantageshopping using my AA No. whether the points will post to my account (or stand a chance of posting anyway).
I would say that it would at least stand a chance of posting anyway. I made a large purchase on my parents' behalf at aadvantage eshopping, using my information at the initial aadvantage eshopping page and my email address for email confirmation, but using my father's credit card, billing and delivery address and I ultimately received the miles from eshopping.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:29 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
You mean, lack of

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
The ethics of some continue to amaze me.
What ethics?
Old Nov 19, 2004, 8:47 am

Is Anyone Else Having A Problem With These Links?

I just shot off an email to these folks telling them that some of the vendor links don't seem to be working. I am sure that they will shoot back that it's pop-blocking or ad-ware blocking but I really don't think that's it.

Some of the links do work. I've used the B&N link to buy some books earlier this week, but some of the others (and I haven't tried them all yet) gives you either a DNS error in IE or a weird pop up error in Firefox.

Anyone else seeing these problems? The one that I'm trying to get to and not succeeding with is Lands End. I've also found that the Avon and Blue Nile links also give you the same errors. They seem to come from the link forward site linksynergy.com.

Just once, I'd like to see these cross-promo sites work the way that they're supposed to 100 percent.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 11:37 am

Programs: AA/IC
I have no problem clicking through to Lands' End

Originally Posted by maisany
I just shot off an email to these folks telling them that some of the vendor links don't seem to be working. I am sure that they will shoot back that it's pop-blocking or ad-ware blocking but I really don't think that's it.

Some of the links do work. I've used the B&N link to buy some books earlier this week, but some of the others (and I haven't tried them all yet) gives you either a DNS error in IE or a weird pop up error in Firefox.

Anyone else seeing these problems? The one that I'm trying to get to and not succeeding with is Lands End. I've also found that the Avon and Blue Nile links also give you the same errors. They seem to come from the link forward site linksynergy.com.

Just once, I'd like to see these cross-promo sites work the way that they're supposed to 100 percent.
I have no problem clicking through to Lands' End, Avon, or Blue Nile. I tested it out with IE, Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, Netscape, and AOL and they all went through fine.

--Jhereg
Old Nov 19, 2004, 12:06 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Oh I notice Overstock.com have a promotion on Pillows, now I need to buy one for my future MD80 flights.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 9:07 pm

My MULTI bonus posted a few weeks ago. Yippi!

I am telling friends to let me order their gifts online so I can try for this bonus as well. We'll see...

Peace to all!
Old Nov 20, 2004, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
You are a genius!

Originally Posted by PapiTheWriter
My MULTI bonus posted a few weeks ago. Yippi!

I am telling friends to let me order their gifts online so I can try for this bonus as well. We'll see...

Peace to all!
What a wonderful idea! I'm going to offer to do the same!
Old Nov 20, 2004, 8:01 am

What about gift cards?

Did anyone notice any restrictions on buying gift cards? If I don't make $1000 in purchases, I'd like to top it off with a Target gift card. I can always find something to buy there over the next year.

Deb
Old Nov 20, 2004, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, SPG GLD
Originally Posted by DebBrown
Did anyone notice any restrictions on buying gift cards? If I don't make $1000 in purchases, I'd like to top it off with a Target gift card. I can always find something to buy there over the next year.

Deb
You will notice that when you open to links to go "e-shopping", many vendors state that gift cards do not qualify for this promotion.

Last edited by crAAzy; Nov 20, 2004 at 4:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.