Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA.COM 10% Discount through 12/31/04

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2004, 7:54 pm

I can't find the link on the site to make the donation and get the code. I have to book a ticket tonight - is someone willing to PM me the code? I WILL make a donation.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wannabe
I can't find the link on the site to make the donation and get the code. I have to book a ticket tonight - is someone willing to PM me the code? I WILL make a donation.
My guess-- and it's just a guess-- is that anyone who PM's you the code (and I'm sure someone will/has) couldn't possibly care less if you end up making a donation or not.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 8:06 pm

Jon -

I'd also be very happy if someone could just give me the direct link to where to make the donation to Komen! Last year I made a general donation, and didn't get a code. Clearly I used the wrong link.

Also, if I understood correctly from the OP - the code only comes with the race for the cure events. But the ones in my area are done for the year - the last one was in May.

so - Any info on the right link would be appreciated!

Last edited by wannabe; Oct 21, 2004 at 8:43 pm
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:22 pm
askworldtraveler

suggestion - moderator hat off

I've done a rather extensive search of the Komen site - and the Race for the Cure. I don't want to guess AA's relationship - but I'm not certain that the 'code' was given out to "all" the races - I couldn't find one that mentioned AA as a Sponcer.....

My suggestion - give them a call - this is a cut and paste from the national web site:

Headquarters
5005 LBJ Freeway, Suite 250
Dallas, TX 75244
Telephone: 972-855-1600
Fax: 972-855-1605

Helpline: 1.800 I'M AWARE®

I hope this helps....

Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by askworldtraveler
...but I'm not certain that the 'code' was given out to "all" the races - I couldn't find one that mentioned AA as a Sponcer.....
I ran in the Charlotte Race for the Cure this year (October 2) and received no code in any sort of race mailing/packet/info/etc.

AA is a national sponsor of all Race for the Cures.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX AA PlatPro, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum,
Angry

Actually, this code is only available from the promotional brochure handed out at a Race for the Cure event. It CANNOT be obtained online from Komen or AA.

There is a link in the first post to the charity - where one can make a donation and get the code..... thanks everyone....
Old Oct 22, 2004, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX AA PlatPro, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum,
Cool

American Airlines is a National Sponsor of The Race for the Cure and the Komen Foundations Official Carrier. American Airlines has a booth at each Race Event and local representatives are their handing them out at the sponsors tents. Nevertheless, the race events have ceased for the fall season and will start again in the spring with a new brochure and code.

I've done a rather extensive search of the Komen site - and the Race for the Cure. I don't want to guess AA's relationship - but I'm not certain that the 'code' was given out to "all" the races - I couldn't find one that mentioned AA as a Sponcer.....
Old Oct 22, 2004, 2:35 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bedelman
I wonder if the discount will apply to YUPs (which are an odd mix of Y and A -- booking code different from fare basis). Anyone tried this yet? It would be especially nice to get 10% off the various YUPs we all book from time to time...

Just spent an hour on the phone with AA over this very topic. First of all, as discussed elsewhere, with the new booking engine you can't book the A class/Y-UP discounted first class fares at AA.com any longer. The agent with whom I spoke at the AA.com desk was unaware of this, but after testing it herself she agreed, so she sent through a "bug" report to their programmers. To get around this, she had me book the itinerary in Y, save it, and then using the record locator I gave her she rebooked the itinerary in A and repriced it, then stored it, so now I am able to ticket it online.

Now, when I booked it I entered the Komen discount code referenced in the first post. The discount was taken off of the full fare Y that I booked. However, when the AA.com tech rep rebooked it in A inventory, the discount was lost. I asked her if the discount applied. She had to get the meeting desk people on the line who handle those discount codes. The other agent couldn't find the code anywhere, so after about 20 minutes of looking she finally found it, looked through all the rules, and then finally determined that it did not apply to A inventory.

So, I learned how to book the A fares and still handle the transaction online and I also learned that the discount code does not apply to A inventory fares.

I would suggest that everyone else accustomed to booking the YUP/A fares do the same thing in the future so that perhaps if enough time-consuming calls and problem tickets are generated, they might fix this very irritating bug in the new booking engine.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AAdvantageGuy
American Airlines has a booth at each Race Event and local representatives are their handing them out at the sponsors tents.
I saw no such booth at CLT's Race this year. But perhaps if I had lingered I would've. I think the pink bagels scared me away!
Old Oct 26, 2004, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by tismfu
I saw no such booth at CLT's Race this year. But perhaps if I had lingered I would've. I think the pink bagels scared me away!
Generally there is a booth setup in the Sponsors area. However, some events are smaller and provide promotional materials in goody-bags or cups or even with the registration materials picked up on race-day.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 3:57 pm
askworldtraveler

The rules for the code....This could really boost participation next year!

thank you for your inquiry. I checked on the guidelines for the American Airlines Discount Code, and just so you know – the code is only available to participants of one our local Race for the Cure® events. Those who take part in one of our races, can pick up a brochure detailing American Airlines sponsorship of the Race, and also how to get a 10% discount on selected flights.

I’ve also posted a direct link (below) to the information posted on the American Airlines website – for your reference.

http://www.aaevents.com/aasponsorship.html

Donations to Komen can be made via mail, phone, or online. Specifics can be found at www.komen.org (Click on “Support the Cause”).

Address:

The Komen Foundation
P.O. Box 650309
Dallas, TX 75265-0309

Toll-Free Donation Line: (888) 888-3317

Thank you for your support of the Komen Foundation and its mission to eradicate breast cancer.

Best regards,

Brent Fox

Cause Marketing Administrator

The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation

[email protected]

Old Oct 26, 2004, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
We moved to Germany and I asked if I could get the discount code by contributing like I do every year. Here is the reply I got back which elaborates a little:

Thank you for your inquiry and thank you for your compassionate support of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

I checked on the guidelines for the American Airlines Discount Code, and just so you know – the code is only available to participants of one our local Race for the Cure® events. Those who take part in one of our races, can pick up a brochure detailing American Airlines sponsorship of the Race, and also how to get a 10% discount on selected flights. Also, the discount code is only applicable for flights within the contiguous 48 states. I’ve also posted a direct link (below) to the information posted on the American Airlines website – for your reference. Unfortunately, the code just isn’t available outside the US.

http://www.aaevents.com/aasponsorship.html

Best regards,

Brent Fox

Cause Marketing Administrator

The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation

[email protected]
Old Oct 27, 2004, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

It appears a handful of people who have already booked tickets online using the discount code, have been successful in booking international travel. However, it should be noted that each person, while originating in the U.S. - also connected to another city as their gateway. (i.e. DFW-ORD-BRU or DFW-MIA-MAD or LAX-JFK-LHR). If anyone is successful on a non-stop from their gateway, please speak up!

:-:
Old Oct 27, 2004, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
testing the 4K12KD code

on domestic flights in November and it was still working with net savings of about 9.26% off of base ticket price and 7.27% off the all inclusive price..

that was using the code in the opening post of 4K12KD.. I was testing as I didn't have time to read the entire thread and didn't think it would still be working but amazingly it does
Old Oct 28, 2004, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up

As long as you book the ticket and complete travel by 12/31/04 - the discount code will apply. Come Jan 1, 2005 a new code will become available for the spring races. So look at your calendars and register! It is a win-win situation! :-:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.