Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paying Taxes to CUN???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2004, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Paying Taxes to CUN???

I'm planning a trip down there with my wife in December and was surprised to see the $100+ in taxes (looks it's gonna cost me 60k miles). I thought this is reward travel...i guess one has to pay taxes if it's an international destination???
Old Oct 19, 2004, 9:33 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by afang
I'm planning a trip down there with my wife in December and was surprised to see the $100+ in taxes (looks it's gonna cost me 60k miles). I thought this is reward travel...i guess one has to pay taxes if it's an international destination???
Even if it's domestic, you have yo pay 9/11 Security Fees.

Does that $100 include ALL taxes, including the departure tax you pay when you leave Cancun? If not, be prepared for it. Unless things changed, you pay it as you head to the international departures gate area.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 9:46 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Is that $100 for both, or each? Going to GIG in Feb, and it was about $137 in taxes for two of us. Compared to the $800/ticket (including those same taxes), still not a bad deal .

Cheers.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 9:47 am
Original Poster

I guess the $105 is fixed. I played with the itenary and priced a DFW-CDG for two at the same $105 price. I don't think this includes the Airport fees though..
Old Oct 19, 2004, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
That seems about right. I've always paid high taxes when flying into CUN. AA rates make it even worse so I'm glad you're using awards.

I a lot of cases the DFW -> CUN flight is more expensive than driving to AUS, flying back to DFW and then taking the same flight to CUN So I often take charters or CO/DL when going south.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by omegadeal
That seems about right. I've always paid high taxes when flying into CUN. AA rates make it even worse so I'm glad you're using awards.

I a lot of cases the DFW -> CUN flight is more expensive than driving to AUS, flying back to DFW and then taking the same flight to CUN So I often take charters or CO/DL when going south.
that sounds terriable!

If all the dates are set with my wife..i think early Dec will be a go.
thanks for the comments guys!
Old Oct 19, 2004, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
The taaxes for a coach ticket come up $57.81 each and for first class $52.81. I paid $60 in taxes for my recent trip to Puerto Vallarta. It was $5 for my FC to SFO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.