Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin Maintenance: Seat Backs Automatically Recline?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2004, 2:22 pm
jsm

Location: Northridge, CA, - AA EXP 3 MM , Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC, Lots of other programs and points
I have this happen a lot (probably 20%) of my flights - usually in coach. I always tell the flight attendant when I am leaving the plane. I have never seen them write anything down, but they usually say that they will report it.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by jsm
I have this happen a lot (probably 20%) of my flights - usually in coach.
I probably should have specified in my post above that it is always in coach for me. The couple of times I've been in non-coach seats, they've been fine.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 2:41 pm

good to know

I thought I was the only one who got the unfortunate seat!

I'm always thrilled when a plane lands in tact to begin with but, yes little things like that on a long flight are so annoying. Especially when it's considered a safty hazard! It probobly comes from all the times people leave their seats during a flight and have to yank on the seat in front of them to get up. I always use the overhead to balance my climb over a fellow passenger as not to disrupt the sound asleep person in front of me.

Ramondo
Old Oct 12, 2004, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, MR SLVR, HH GLD, etc.
I've had this happen to me a few times in the past - what's really interesting is when the FA continually asks you to 'bring your seat to it's full, upright position during landing' despite the fact that I mentioned that it wouldn't stay. Sometimes people don't listen, ya know?
Old Oct 13, 2004, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors, Marriott Silver
Happens to me maybe every 8th flight...in fact, just on my most recent flight DFW-LAS. Usually just a problem on takeoff, but have had some that would not stay up for anything. Once the FA yanked the whole seat forward and then back again and it seemed to resolve the problem.

I've never considered this worthly of a complaint to AA though...don't want them to mark me as a frequent complainer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.