Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Manifest Codes (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2023, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Uzzar
Wow I had no idea that was on the passenger manifest! Not sure why it is relevant to the FA, but interesting nonetheless.
The FAs definitely know if you have been upgraded. Different airline, but....

I was once on a long UA TATL flight. Work had paid for PE and I had cleared a miles+copay upgrade to J. Shortly after takeoff a FA came up to me and told me that there was a Global Services customer in a different seat that was broken (would not recline or lie flat) and asked if I would switch seats with him because he paid a lot for his flight.

I thought it was such a strange request. She didn't even offer me anything in exchange. She seemed to think that I would think that because he was high status and he had paid a lot for his flight I should move to a broken seat. Maybe if they offered me the cost of his full fare J ticket....

Anyway I politely declined the "offer". I have no doubt that she asked me because I was the one (maybe the only one?) in the cabin who had been upgraded. As far as I could tell, she didn't ask anyone else. So, yes, the FAs know!
SPN Lifer and Uzzar like this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I politely declined the "offer".
IMO you took quite a risk that the FA didn't decide you were "disobeying crewmember instructions" and make life petty and mean for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.