Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Manifest Codes (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2007, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC, AA, DL, UA
I'm with you. Stickies are tricky, those who are picky always pick wiki.
Old Mar 8, 2007, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
I was snooping at the manifest on today's flight, and was curious. What does all this mean, on the manifest after my name and seat #?

R2 OB SC LF PT ET

I assume PT is Platinum, but the other stuff...? I saw some people have ADM (why does the FA need to know if you're an AC member?). What do the other codes mean?
How do you snoop at the manifest?
Old Mar 9, 2007, 7:22 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
How do you snoop at the manifest?
It's often posted on the galley wall, especially at meal times.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Spiff
It's often posted on the galley wall, especially at meal times.
Walking into the galley and staring at it is likely to get a negative reaction from the FAs, especially in these paranoid times. However, saying "I'm curious about the kind of information they have about us on here" has always let me read it to my heart's content, often leading to an interesting discussion if things weren't too busy at that moment.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:11 am

Programs: Ex-BA Silver; Ex-UA Premier
Originally Posted by Efrem
Walking into the galley and staring at it is likely to get a negative reaction from the FAs, especially in these paranoid times. However, saying "I'm curious about the kind of information they have about us on here" has always let me read it to my heart's content, often leading to an interesting discussion if things weren't too busy at that moment.
I have often wondered when the manifest is generated and how up-to-the-minute it is. Does it reflect the last minute standby boardings and standby and operational upgrades?
Old Mar 9, 2007, 11:43 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Originally Posted by kappa
I have often wondered when the manifest is generated and how up-to-the-minute it is. Does it reflect the last minute standby boardings and standby and operational upgrades?
It is normally part of the final paperwork you see the gate agent printing just before they go down to the airplane and shut the door, so it is usually current.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyastrojets
It is normally part of the final paperwork you see the gate agent printing just before they go down to the airplane and shut the door, so it is usually current.
The passenger list is an FAA requirement as part of the "load" manifest as per 14 CFR 121.693, but because this information is also kept in AA's computers the printout is not such list and therefore can be a bit off. However, it makes sense from a service standpoint for it to be as accurate as possible, hence it being printed as late as possible in the departure process.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 1:12 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Efrem
I'm a pretty fast reader. A slow walk past the galley each way to/from the lav usually tells me all I care to know.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by kappa
The last two things printed off once everyone has passed through the EGR at the gate are the passenger list and the connecting gate list so the FA can make the "if your going to LAX your next gate is B27 " etc. Everyone on board the aircraft will be on this list.

The passenger list contains all sorts of weird and wonderful edits and comments that may have been entered by the Counter or Gate agent. Not sure about this but I think it could also tell you which passengers on board are armed , which is not hard to tell if you know what the edit looks like.
Old Mar 10, 2007, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Some Specific Questions

Does the manifest tell the FAs:
1. If you got your ticket as an AAdvantage award;

2. If you got upgraded through "electronic points" (aka "stickers");

3. If you used miles to upgrade;

4. If you used evips to upgrade;

5. If you were op-uped;

6. If you have multi-million status on AAdvantage, e.g. 1MM, 2MM, 3MM, etc.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 10:33 pm

Programs: CO PLT, HH DIA
I believe there were a few manifest codes ommitted, which I am pleased to reveal here:

DUH = passenger is a TSA employee
DIK = passenger is known to be a problem causer and a chronic complainer
SHH = passenger cannot speak
HUH = passenger is deaf
PEE = passenger must be seated near a lav
EWW = passenger is known to have personal hygiene issues
DRY = passenger is known to ask for many refills on drinks
CHP = passenger stiffs the sky-caps
FAT - passenger will need a seatbelt extension
YAK = passenger is known to annoy other pax
EGO = passenger feels entitled to special treatment all the time
PIG = passenger darn near cleaned out the snacks at the Admirals' Club

Any combination of DIK, EWW, CHP, YAK or EGO at the same time is:
OFF = off my airplane!

Did I leave any out?

--PP
Old Jun 4, 2007, 6:54 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE

5. If you were op-uped;

Given what's posted here and in the WIKI, it doesn't appear to. Why? Do you feel these situations result in a lesser grade of service?

IME (including 1, 2, 3, and 5), it doesn't seem to matter--I've gotten truly outstanding service on a deep-discount fare upgraded with stickers, and truly rotten service on full-fare in coach. TAs, AAngels, GAs, and FAs come in all flavors ... other than elite status, I don't think much else matters as long as you are a pleasant customer to deal with.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA PLT-Lite. UA Recovering 1k, HH Silver
Originally Posted by JGR01
How about the BEST PLACE TO LOOK?

WIKI

http://www.flyertalk.com/wiki/index....Codes_%28AA%29

So now instead of telling everyone to search .. how about Wiki and Search ...

Wiki

Wiki

Wiki

A new montra....

5. If you were op-uped;

The Wiki, as cited on the previous page by JGR01 tells all. 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 all no according to my reading. Try it yourself, YMMV.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by nomore1k
The Wiki, as cited on the previous page by JGR01 tells all. 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 all no according to my reading. Try it yourself, YMMV.
Well, according to the Wiki the manifest does show the fare class in which the passenger is booked. So, a passenger on sticker upgrades would show as X fare class on the manifest, correct? In this instance, it should be pretty obvious who's been upgraded (using stickers) in first. Likewise, saver award (T,U,Z) fare classes are exclusively used for one purpose so a savvy FA should be able to deduce who's on an award, correct?

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 5, 2007, 10:01 am

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Well, according to the Wiki the manifest does show the fare class in which the passenger is booked. So, a passenger on sticker upgrades would show as X fare class on the manifest, correct? In this instance, it should be pretty obvious who's been upgraded (using stickers) in first. Likewise, saver award (T,U,Z) fare classes are exclusively used for one purpose so a savvy FA should be able to deduce who's on an award, correct?

-FlyerBeek
Okay, you're right in that regard.

But wouldn't it be a bit bold for an FA to fawn over the person next to me on an A fare and dump on me because I'm on an X fare? It's not uncommon for people to shift seats in the boarding shuffle (I see it frequently anyway)--so wouldn't fare class discrimination be a bit risky as well, not to mention bad business?

I guess the point remains the same--do we really think the FAs tailor their service to an individual's fare class? I don't. They're typically either professional and courteous or disinterested and curt (sweeping generalizations, I know, but only to illustrate the point--and few I've dealt with fall into the latter category).

What seems to matter most is how one behaves as a customer--I try to smile and say hello, use the FAs' names if I can divine them, use "please" and "thank you", etc. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I seem to run into more nice airline employees than other people ...

Last edited by AAir_head; Jun 5, 2007 at 10:04 am Reason: grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.