Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals club question?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2004, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Admirals club question?

Every time I go in to an AC, they always take my card and type the number into there computer. What are they checking? On my flights? Make sure my memership is not expired/ invalid? Or somthing else?
Old Jun 27, 2004, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by dspringer28
Every time I go in to an AC, they always take my card and type the number into there computer. What are they checking? On my flights? Make sure my memership is not expired/ invalid? Or somthing else?
Yes. And that you're not wanted by the FBI or CIA etc. It's their job, why are you concerned?
Old Jun 27, 2004, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

I'm not concerned about, nor do I mind, it. I was just wondering.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I think that they also do it so that the computer will show that you entered the club (so that they will know where to find you in case you are late for your flight). A few times when I was waiting at the gate counter for standby, when the GA called "Final Boarding," s/he said to a coworker at a computer, "Oh, look, Mr. XXXX is in the club, let me call up there to page him."
Old Jun 28, 2004, 10:05 am

Programs: HHonors DIA, AA PLT
Finding people in the AC

Originally Posted by ESpen36
I think that they also do it so that the computer will show that you entered the club (so that they will know where to find you in case you are late for your flight). A few times when I was waiting at the gate counter for standby, when the GA called "Final Boarding," s/he said to a coworker at a computer, "Oh, look, Mr. XXXX is in the club, let me call up there to page him."
I actually asked the AAgent in the ORD G concourse Admiral's Club about this a couple days ago. I've been paged out of the ORD H&K Admiral's Club before; I sat in the AC during a long announced departure delay and they were able to move the departure time up. She told me that gate agents can't see if you're actually in the club, but they can see if you're a member, so if they have time they'll call up and try to find you.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 11:44 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
They do it for two reasons,

1) Verify you are a member
2) Get an accurate count of the number of people who visit. When they do that typing, they are also typing the number of guests you have with you if applicable.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Do they ever check your flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.