Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA CS Rocks: A Case Study in AA Loyalty?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2004, 8:00 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
AA CS Rocks: A Case Study in AA Loyalty?

In light of all the recent bashing of FAs (whether right or wrong- no judgements in this post), here's a story of AA CS truly rocking.

Booked a flight a while back SJC-DFW-MIA and back to visit brother and pregnant sister-in-law (can't wait for my niece! ). I like the Friday red-eye through LAX because the timing is good. For some reason, I didn't see it, so I booked an early Saturday morning, eating up a good part of the day in flying. Oh well. $289. Not the cheapest, but this is about family, so it was worth it.

After clicking purchase, I looked again, and did see what I wanted- my red-eye for $4.50 more. Called CS, told them the situation- my bad on making the res. CS very kindly agreed to change the res, charging me only the $4.50 difference. Very cool.

Several weeks later, I happened to look at it again and found, to my chagrin, that they had changed it to the Saturday night red-eye, instead of Friday. I was now losing the whole day! Called CS, explained the situation- that it could even have been me mis-specifying...can we fix this? By now the fare was like $336. Ok, I'll pay the diff.

The answer was a little curt, albeit understandable- we've already helped you for no fee...we will charge the $100 in addition to the fare diff. I'm thinking- well, you did help for no fee, but a mistake was made...quandry. I don't feel entitled to this, so I can't argue that.

Sent an email to CS explaining again. About six days later sent a "remember me?" follow-up. Next day, I got:

"...Thank you for your honesty regarding the error made to your upcoming reservation. As a gesture of goodwill, I have altered your departure date to May 7 without fees...." (I had mentioned that it could well have been my screw-up.

So, no change fee, not even a fare diff, I think.

This is above and beyond the call, I think. They surely could have charged the fare diff and been very cool as well.

Makes one believe, just a little, in some loyalty by AA for the pax.

Cheers.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 11:37 am

This airline has a lot going for it. Too bad, some of us, maybe all of us, focus to much on the negative all the time.

Here is another positive story:

I gave four award seats to my family, destination Maui. After all the complaints about award availability, I was frankly dreading the call to AA to make the reservations.

All it took was one call to the EXP desk. The agent even found an extra seat for me when it was determined that we needed one for a 2+ year old child. Five seats total. This is for travel in August, on the exact dates I wanted.

I couldn't have been happier. I thanked the agent and she sincerely thanked me for my business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.