Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Codeshare on Iberia (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
AA Codeshare on Iberia (2015)

Hi All,
Having a heck of a time trying to get advanced seat selection on IB as a AA PLT (Oneworld Sapphire).
I see some old threads from 2011-2014 talked about this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ed-issues.html

The AA twitter team tried to help. The IB twitter people were next to useless, pointing to the Oneworld page and stating:
"Hi, XXXX. As you can see, it states "where offered". Unfortunately, when booking with AA and flying IB you can only manage your booking 24h before the flight during the online check-in. If you need further assistance, please contact AA. Kind regards"

This is ridiculous. Any ideas? I'm out of the country or I would just call an AA agent... but could they even do it? Surely I'm not the only person flying on an AA/IB codeshare.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:39 am
44C

Programs: AA EXP (OW EME), Hyatt Globalist
AA agents very well might. When I've book award seats on JAL or Cathay they've have been able to select seats for me many times.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
You need to get the Iberia record locator. Call AA and ask them to give you the 6 digit Amadeus Iberia record locator. You will have a hard time getting an agent that knows this. In the beginning they will most likely give you a 5 digit locator that means nothing. Be prepared to call various time to get this info. Once you get it, then go to Iberia and use the manage my booking. The last time I did this it took me 7 calls until I got the correct info. I'm actually trying again for a trip to MAD, so far 3 calls and no luck yet.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA 3M Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by arollins
You need to get the Iberia record locator. Call AA and ask them to give you the 6 digit Amadeus Iberia record locator. You will have a hard time getting an agent that knows this. In the beginning they will most likely give you a 5 digit locator that means nothing. Be prepared to call various time to get this info. Once you get it, then go to Iberia and use the manage my booking. The last time I did this it took me 7 calls until I got the correct info. I'm actually trying again for a trip to MAD, so far 3 calls and no luck yet.
THIS..Exactly...What a fiasco I had trying to get seats for my wife and I ORD-MAD in November. MULTIPLE calls to Iberia who tried to insist that seats would have to be assigned at the airport. Keep trying, and then check back monthly to make sure they don't disappear and you must have their locator #.

Will do whatever I can to avoid flying them ever again.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
This is ridiculous. Any ideas?
Is this IB TATL, or intra-Europe?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
The AA Twitter team gave me a 6 digit code but they weren't sure if it was Amadeus or not - doesn't appear to work. Going to try calling to get it when I get home to get the proper one.

Flying TATL MIA-MAD then connecting to another Spain destination. I don't mind having to "rough it" on that. But not for an 8.5hr flight.
This is pretty ridiculous though in 2015 that this is still an issue.

The return is a AA codeshare on BA - where their website will let me try and select the seat. Then gives an error. My luck I guess but sent them a tweet and they should reply in a day or two (they have in the past)
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GBBob
THIS..Exactly...What a fiasco I had trying to get seats for my wife and I ORD-MAD in November. MULTIPLE calls to Iberia who tried to insist that seats would have to be assigned at the airport. Keep trying, and then check back monthly to make sure they don't disappear and you must have their locator #.

Will do whatever I can to avoid flying them ever again.
Thanks to you both

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.