Search

Can't check-in online

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Can't check-in online

Hi All, I'm trying to check it in online, but it does not work at all. The mobile boarding pass is unavailable. Something is wrong? I went on US Airways & AMerican Airlines. I tried to get a boarding pass. Can you find out what's wrong with the entire website?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
I can't offer help, but I have had the same issue with an AA flight.

It was PHL-LAS and the return was within 24 hours (VERY short trip to LAS), so I should have been able to check in for the return....Couldn't check in online (either on US or AA sites), neither app worked, even the TAs couldn't check me in at the ticket counter (neither US nor AA could help). Eventually, a GA from AA was able to assist after I got through security...not sure what the problem was.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi All, I'm trying to check it in online, but it does not work at all. The mobile boarding pass is unavailable. Something is wrong? I went on US Airways & AMerican Airlines. I tried to get a boarding pass. Can you find out what's wrong with the entire website?
Where are you flying from (some airports don't support mobile boarding pass, RAP is one as an example when I flew there last year) and where are you flying to (some international destinations don't allow online check in as a visa may need to be verified)? For me personally, almost all international destinations (all other than Canada) don't work for online check in so I've resorted to always checking in at the counter when traveling beyond USA or Canada. There's also the chance that your information doesn't match 100% for some random reason that may even be out of your control.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 7:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would simply call AA and ask. There are all kinds of potential reasons, some easily fixed and some not. Rather than speculating here about which reason it might be, I would strongly advise a call. Perhaps the call will fix it or perhaps you will need to head to the airport early. Best to know now.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Often1
I would simply call AA and ask. There are all kinds of potential reasons, some easily fixed and some not. Rather than speculating here about which reason it might be, I would strongly advise a call. Perhaps the call will fix it or perhaps you will need to head to the airport early. Best to know now.
Calling might be an issue for the OP.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
OP can't use
Hearing & speech impaired 800-543-1586 24 hours, Daily
?
Old Sep 28, 2015, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Great idea! I will go to airport tonight. I'm taking on the city bus from my house to PHX SkyTrain. I will go to ticket counter to see what is going on with my reservation. I'm trying to check-in on both website and it does not go through. It's doesn't work at all. I have informed on AA Facebook page and to find out why it has happening to me. Check-in online is not working at all.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
OP, did you figure out what the issue was?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan & AA Advantage
I've messaged AA on Twitter in the past about this very same issue. Online on a desktop, it always says that it is unable to check me in online and to check in at the counter.

On the mobile app, I get stuck at the "temporary us address" that I will be staying at (I am Canadian). There is no option to select that I'm transiting through America to another country.

AA says it's because I am a non US traveller so I have to check in at the counter. That really sucks because I did not have this issue with UA or CX.

However after I check in at the counter and have my paper boarding pass, the app refreshes and allows me to view my mobile boarding pass.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by TheSinister

On the mobile app, I get stuck at the "temporary us address" that I will be staying at (I am Canadian). There is no option to select that I'm transiting through America to another country.
I wonder what happens if you put the airport address as your temporary address? It's not lying, since that is where you will temporarily be until your next flight.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:02 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by bchandler02
I wonder what happens if you put the airport address as your temporary address? It's not lying, since that is where you will temporarily be until your next flight.
That's what I would have thought would work as well...
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Microwave
That's what I would have thought would work as well...
Yeah, it didn't work at all. That's why I had a problems check-in online. I am unable to get through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.