Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Should I be concerned - not seeing my flight available for booking anymore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;

I booked a mileage run MIA-LAX-MIA upcoming Saturday night AA#1238 & 260. It still shows in my queue. However, when checking seat availability from the Plan Travel page for 1238, the flight did not comes up for booking for the past few days. I can do a check available seats and plug in the flight number and see there are PLENTY of seats. I know this route has flights leaving nearly every hour or two. There is a flight at 5:05pm; 6:35 pm and 9:02 pm.

Should I anticipate they plan to cancel this flight. I would need to be on this in order to get my return at 12:10 am. If they cancel I have no issue flying at 6:35, but I sure would like to know ahead of time and not end up with no upgrade and/or in a middle seat.

I just tried a different site and see this: (basically all seats not available)
AA 1238

07:50 pm
MIA
10:32 pm
LAX
Not available Not available Not available Not available
Old Sep 9, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Expertflyer shows F1 and all other classes zeroed out. I suspect the flight is oversold. I saw something similar on my flight to MIA the Friday of Labor Day weekend. I would suspect that if you try making a dummy reservation in First class it will show up.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I see 260 with 2 seats available at $599 one way, with Biz/First Not Available (as is just about every other flight that day). That's the most expensive of all flights that day, so I assume it's very close to sold-out or already oversold.

1238 doesn't show for a 1-way booking, but shows Not Available when booking a round-trip (where 260 then disappears).

Odd, but many flights are sold out that day. If you're thinking they will proactively cancel the flights because there's not enough pax - every flight already shows near full, and they just don't do that anyway.

Seat maps are often poor indicators of ticket availability.

Last edited by CPRich; Sep 9, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Old Sep 10, 2015, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
You guys are correct. I called AA XPlat desk frantic and the rep said the flight is sold out, she said even first, but I see two seats open. Would love to know where I stand on the upgrade list. ugh. Doesn't much matter I plan to pop an ambien and take a snooze there and back.

If I knew I'd be in coach, I might do a SDFC on the 757 leaving at 6:35 and give myself an extra hour cushion in LAX.

As it turns out I ended up not really needing this flight for a MR afterall. My boss gave me three more business trips later in the year to add to my already full agenda, one of which is LA. I'll end up now with 109K.

My daughter said just don't go. Its not the $200 for the ticket, in the end I think its insurance, what if something happens with one of those business trips and also 4680 miles x bonus 4680 isn't bad for $200.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.