Search

AA953 JFK-EZE - questions on equipment and award availability

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:13 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat
AA953 JFK-EZE - questions on equipment and award availability

I am trying to book 2 biz/first award tickets on AA953 JFK-EZE (one-way) for a specific friday night in March 2016. I have been monitoring availability on expert flyer since April 2015 and have yet to see any saver awards become available. Also it seems there may have been equipment changes as this was originally showing as a 3 class flight and now is only showing as a 2 class flight. From some other threads I have read here it looks like they may be swapping equipment on these routes on a regular basis is that correct? Currently Expert Flyer is showing J7 availability which are 110K miles each to redeem. Here are my questions:
1) is it likely AA will ever release saver availability for this Friday night direct flight?
2)Should I wait it out and hold off booking the anytime award in hopes that they will release savers?
3)Perhaps keep monitoring EF and if the Anytime avail goes down from J7 to some lower amount - then pull the trigger?
4) If there is a chance the equipment will be swapped back to a 3 class - should i book in specific rows to make sure I end up in a first class seat?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I think it is unlikely that saver awards will become available but certainly not impossible.

Looking at that month there is only 1 day where there is saver awards in any class and it is in coach. With that said, I don't see an immediate need to pull the trigger on an anytime award.

If it were me, I would continue to monitor EF. If the number of J seats gets to the point where you are feeling uncomfortable, then book the anytime award.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I saw SAAver in Y on that route at 330 window, but now is just matter of time until you see more SAAver. I think since they are swapping equipment they are not releasing many awards, I had a similar problem with Asia routes in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.