Search

DUB-HNL Query [AA aircraft, seating and class of service]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold, VS Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
DUB-HNL Query [AA aircraft, seating and class of service]

Link
Image: http://postimg.cc/image/4igw16h0h/ (not sure why this isn't working!)

I've found the above routing for DUB-HNL via:

DUB-LHR BA A319 J
LHR-LAX AA B777 I
LAX-HNL AA A321 P
HNL-LAX AA A321 P
LAX-JFK AA A321 P
JFK-LHR AA B777 I
LHR-DUB BA A319 J

Some things I wanted to clarify:
  • The LAX-JFK segment seems to have been priced into First class, which is F, even though AA10 on that day has a Business cabin - is this right? Is this actually the lie-flat F on this A321 ??
  • The connection at LAX returning seems really tight - I would have selected a later flight but for some reason the prices seemed higher, if I miss it I will presumably be just put on the next flight?
  • The LHR-LAX and JFK-LHR segments on AA I believe are the 777-300 metal, which from what I've read is better than Club World IMO - I know there's no guarantee of equipment but is this likely to change to a downgraded old 777-200 based on AA schedule or plans?
  • How can I tell the difference between the AA A321 with lie-flat in F and the AA A321 with no lie-flat, is that the TV icon shown against LAX-JFK?
  • I only need 900 TPs from this trip so I don't need to introduce any more legs necessarily, but can anyone offer any tips or improvements to this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by andrew-w; Aug 20, 2015 at 6:43 pm
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andrew-w

I've found the above routing for DUB-HNL via:

DUB-LHR BA A319 J
LHR-LAX AA B777 I
LAX-HNL AA A321 P
HNL-LAX AA A321 P
LAX-JFK AA A321 P
JFK-LHR AA B777 I
LHR-DUB BA A319 J

Some things I wanted to clarify:

The LAX-JFK segment seems to have been priced into F class, which is F, even though AA10 on that day has a Business cabin - is this right?
Others have reported a similar bug/glitch. You should be in business, not First on the LAX-JFK segment if the rest of the ticket is in business.

The connection at LAX returning seems really tight - I would have selected a later flight but for some reason the prices seemed higher, if I miss it I will presumably be just put on the next flight?
A connection at LAX should take 10-15 minutes tops. Don't worry about it. And yes, if you miss a connection, AA would put you on another flight.

The LHR-LAX and JFK-LHR segments on AA I believe are the 777-300 metal, which from what I've read is better than Club World IMO - I know there's no guarantee of equipment but is this likely to change to a downgraded old 777-200 based on AA schedule or plans?
Nothing is guaranteed, but LHR-LAX should remain a 77W, while JFK-LHR might be returning to 77Ds (updated lie-flats, similar to 77W).

How can I tell the difference between the AA A321 with lie-flat in F and the AA A321 with no lie-flat, is that the TV icon shown against LAX-JFK?
LAX-JFK is practically certain to be the A321T (with first class and lie-flats in J). LAX-HNL and vv are guaranteed to be a 2-class domestic A321 (no lie-flat seats).
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold, VS Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Others have reported a similar bug/glitch. You should be in business, not First on the LAX-JFK segment if the rest of the ticket is in business.
I've had a look and I can't reproduce on AA, so I guess it's limited to ITA Matrix.

Last edited by andrew-w; Aug 20, 2015 at 7:03 pm
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by FWAAA
I've had a look and I can't reproduce on AA, so I guess it's limited to ITA Matrix.
I just had a similar itinerary ticketed yesterday (booked on aa.com). Both JFK-LAX and LAX-JFK flights are booked into P and I have a seat assignment in the F cabin. Are you saying this is a mistake and I'm likely to be downgraded into biz for these segments?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:51 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by britenbsas
I just had a similar itinerary ticketed yesterday (booked on aa.com). Both JFK-LAX and LAX-JFK flights are booked into P and I have a seat assignment in the F cabin. Are you saying this is a mistake and I'm likely to be downgraded into biz for these segments?
I would be surprised if you were downgraded but the fare usually books in to Business for those segments. Enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.