Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA canceled my hold [overlapping bookings]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 12:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by formeraa
Actually, I think it's great that they found it overnight (although one could make an argument that duplicate international itinerary should be allowed for 24 hours because of their complexity).
I have trouble seeing any reason why one person would have any good need for 2 bookings on the same flight any more for an international itinerary than any other

Why should someone else be impacted in trying to make a booking with one person making multiple bookings ?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 1:52 am

Location: CGN (Cologne, Germany), travel agent, hardcore Sabre user
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, LH, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, AX Centurion
Originally Posted by formeraa
Yeah, right! Real-time with that 1970's-era SABRE technology behind the scenes.
Really? I have been using Sabre professionally since 1988 and I can assure you that today no part of its technology is that from 27 years ago, let alone 35 years or more. It's a very powerful tool which - properly used - beats every IBE hands-down. And yes, that's still accomplished with cryptic commands that look like DOS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.