Wiki Posts
Search

Direct journey EDI-JFK on AA advice needed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: ba silver, HH silver
Direct journey EDI-JFK on AA advice needed

Hi, this is my first post, covers a few topics so not sure which forum most appropriate.

3X PAX travelling economy EDI -JFK direct with AA, booked via BA. haven't gone via EDI for years usually go through GLA. so don't know set up there. Plan to arrive three hours before departure, is this enough time? Will check in desk be open?
If time permits, AA website states as OW sapphire member I can use No.1traveller lounge, can I guest 1 pax? other pax is avios.com member and was going to take advantage of their lounge offer. will entry be a problem at this time in the morning. (~6-7am)

Any other advise about this trip from anyone who has done it would be gratefully appreciated.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There's no need to arrive three hours before; two hours (frankly 90 minutes) is more than enough. It's a small airport and with the exception of Monday mornings and Friday evenings, security doesn't take more than a few minutes. You can access the No1 Traveller lounge, or you can go to the (nicer?) BA lounge, where you may guest one passenger. I don't know about avois.com lounge offers, or whether these apply to third-party lounges, so I can't help you there.

Welcome to FT, mumski!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk mumski,

As this is (primarily) and AA question we're moving your thread to the AA forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Aug 11, 2015, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Both lounges are pretty good although I prefer the BA lounge (the porrdige is pretty good). Both will be open when you arrive and, yes, 2 hours should be more than enough.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by mumski
Hi, this is my first post, covers a few topics so not sure which forum most appropriate.

3X PAX travelling economy EDI -JFK direct with AA, booked via BA. haven't gone via EDI for years usually go through GLA. so don't know set up there. Plan to arrive three hours before departure, is this enough time? Will check in desk be open?
If time permits, AA website states as OW sapphire member I can use No.1traveller lounge, can I guest 1 pax? other pax is avios.com member and was going to take advantage of their lounge offer. will entry be a problem at this time in the morning. (~6-7am)

Any other advise about this trip from anyone who has done it would be gratefully appreciated.
Welcome to FT mumski! BA Lounge is great. My recent experience in EDI departures was during the Ryder Cup (airport was very crowded) - I arrived two hours early and had a wonderful extended breakfast in the lounge following an easy transit through security.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: ba silver, HH silver
Thanks for info. This has taken pressure of chauffeur (aka Mr. mumski) As for lounge, usually I travel business class or have status to ease journey . However this time there are three of us, I am only one with status, I don't want to leave one of the little mumskies outside lounge with nose pressed to window, so thought Traveller was best option.

As post is now on AA site I can say I know this flight is on a 757. Travelled AA JFK- DUB in business class, on this plane earlier in year. (underwhelmed) This time couch so, on the premise, prepare for the worst, hope for the best, I have loaded tab. with films and books and am taking Business amenity kits for return journey. Wondering if taking a cushion to sit on might be a wise move also.
Thanks again for your help.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mumski
Thanks for info. This has taken pressure of chauffeur (aka Mr. mumski) As for lounge, usually I travel business class or have status to ease journey . However this time there are three of us, I am only one with status, I don't want to leave one of the little mumskies outside lounge with nose pressed to window, so thought Traveller was best option.

As post is now on AA site I can say I know this flight is on a 757. Travelled AA JFK- DUB in business class, on this plane earlier in year. (underwhelmed) This time couch so, on the premise, prepare for the worst, hope for the best, I have loaded tab. with films and books and am taking Business amenity kits for return journey. Wondering if taking a cushion to sit on might be a wise move also.
Thanks again for your help.
I have heard a lot of complaints flying AA, but never have I heard anyone needing a cushion for their behind.

The seat cushioning is not appreciably different than any other transatlantic carrier on this relatively short flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.