Wiki Posts
Search

June 6 American Eagle 5802 MEM-DFW

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta gold, United silver
June 6 American Eagle 5802 MEM-DFW

Was anyone else on this flight? We landed with a huge bump, careened towards the terminal, veered away, and taxied at high and varying speeds around the terminal for over 10 minutes before finally pulling into a gate.

I've flown well over a million miles (mostly on other airlines) and have never experienced a landing and taxi like this.

I was flying with a friend who starting referring to the German pilot who crashed his jet into a mountain--that's how bizarre and frightening it was.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA CK/MM, Centurion
Pure speculation, but if the landing was indeed as hard as you describe with some adverse deviation, they could have done a few extra taxi checks to verify the function of the nose wheel/tiller/landing gear.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by muhakas
I was flying with a friend who starting referring to the German pilot who crashed his jet into a mountain--that's how bizarre and frightening it was.
I'm sure if this was a GermanWings situation the pilot could have been much more creative than a hard bump landing and high speed taxiing. Many airports this is acceptable and have "high speed taxiways."

Or maybe the pilot had to take a dump
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta gold, United silver
Just trying to make the point that it was unusual.

We posited the "biological need" explanation.

I land at DFW probably 20-30 times a year for the past few years. This was new in my experience.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.