Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Never fly AA again, Trip in Vain

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Prem Exec, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Haha this thread is great. I agree with the rest, it does not appear you travel much.

A couple tips:
Being proactive helps. Check third party websites to get a better idea of what's happening (or look out the window).

I'll echo other FTer recommendations for Frontier, they are FANTASTIC and are world renowned for customer service (use Ryan Air if in EU)

Unless you enjoy yelling and being aggravated, you'd be amazed how helpful customer service agents can be if you're nice and reasonable.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:07 pm
Formerly known as aep

Programs: Nothing special in many programs
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
I had a little time after work, so let's look into this:
Oh my, that's some good detective work ^
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
What led you to believe that your plane was coming from Seattle?
It wasn't. Per flight aware it came from Tampa. Flight 1213.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
This is one of the best threads this year, not only in FT AA - the entire FT! Wow, just wow! This was not caused by AA, it was caused by Mother Nature.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Sit back and relax. Airlines fly millions of passengers every year. You're not the first one whose flight got cancelled and as a result no longer needed to fly.

There is a refund process as the airport supervisor explained to you. Airport agents are focused on getting passengers rebooked, not processing refunds. You're entitled to a refund even on your nonrefundable ticket because AA cancelled your flight. While you may not want AA to hold on to your money for one second longer, calling in or submitting a refund request online is how these things are done, and it'll take a few days to process. This is no different anywhere else.

Calling during major weather events is going to result in lengthy phone delays or not getting through at all. Either be prepared to wait or give it a day or two to settle down. It's no different anywhere else.

Airlines are not going to notify customers of the *possibility* that their flight *might* be cancelled. That is overcommunication and will unnecessarily concern passengers when the operational decisions being made behind the scenes (swapping planes, substituting crew, etc.) cause everything to work out okay. This is also no different anywhere else, nor should you hold your breath that any airline will begin such a practice.

I'm sure it is no coincidence that you feel that one of the best ways to prioritize passengers during IROPS is in a fashion that would have benefitted you during this trip. There are plenty of other people who feel the priorities should be different. There are threads here filled with all kinds of ideas for things airlines could do differently where such a topic can be debated, but there is nothing that can be offered here in the way of practical advice.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
"Not sophisticated enough to automatically offer rebooking "

Actually it does. I had a flight supposed to go through DFW., it got canceled due to the winter storm, they put me on a non stop instead to my destination automatically, confirmed and notified via the app.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
Originally Posted by planckepoch
I do live in DFW, used to work at SWA in fact. The headquarters parking lot is right next to the runway.

The following morning it was perfect weather. Go figure.
I am so upset to learn that the OP lives in DFW. Sad news.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
My thanks for one of the most fascinating insights on FT. Although I have been a member for a few years, I was hazed during one of my early postings and simply lurked for the most part after that. Reading this thread has shown me that most FTers are truly wonderful. You have shown an amazing amount of patience to a person who simply wants to rant and then defend his position that he is in the right and the rest of the world is wrong. I commend the people who have mostly responded to this poster in a kind and rationale manner. As for myself, I cannot bring myself to add to this. As the saying goes, you can bring a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
This thread is....

MARVELOUS.

This. OP deserves a Major Award. Best. Whinge. Ever.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by BSBD
This. OP deserves a Major Award. Best.
No, actually all you fanboys deserve it alot better imho.

Last edited by GaryZ; Apr 27, 2015 at 8:03 pm
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Everything that can be said has been said - and perhaps some things that shouldn't have.

The thread will now rest.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.