Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

on a plane right now,arriving DFW on AA, can I make it from D18 to C31 in 26 minutes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

on a plane right now,arriving DFW on AA, can I make it from D18 to C31 in 26 minutes?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

I'm on an AA flight right now... the flight ran late and I will only have 26 minutes to run from D18 to C31. Is this doable? (probably less than 26 minutes, since the departing flight closes it door a few minutes before that, right? )

thanks!!!!!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Yep... get moving ASAP though! And take the train!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krlcomm
thanks! I should definitely take the train? I tried to load the terminal map but the internet is super slow right now.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by AppleApe
thanks! I should definitely take the train? I tried to load the terminal map but the internet is super slow right now.
I'd taken the train. The walk isn't super long, but there's no shortcut D to C connector on that end of the terminal to the best of my knowledge.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
I'd taken the train. The walk isn't super long, but there's no shortcut D to C connector on that end of the terminal to the best of my knowledge.
the terminal map finally loaded.... I see a walkway between C and D? Or is the map wrong?
http://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/where...rminal_DFW.jsp
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA exp
Originally Posted by AppleApe
I'm on an AA flight right now... the flight ran late and I will only have 26 minutes to run from D18 to C31. Is this doable? (probably less than 26 minutes, since the departing flight closes it door a few minutes before that, right? )

thanks!!!!!
Yes just hurry to the train you should make it.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Assuming the OP can and will walk up and down the escalators and is a fast walker from gate to gate should take about 10-12 minutes. I've had a couple connections like that at DFW and made it. Now will the GA hold his seat and not close out the flight is another matter onto itself.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
And so it begins... the fallout from banking DFW/ORD will be dozens of these posts at DFW, as most people's connections drop from 1+ hours down to the minimum of 40 minutes. 40 minutes (if all is on time) and not in first class will be VERY tight for most people.

Let's hope AA cracks down on GA's who close out flights and boot people at the 15-20 minute mark, and really wait until 10 min.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Definitely take the train. The walk-way between D and C is only quicker than the train if you are going between the high D gates and the low C gates. You're doing the opposite.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by Catbert10
Definitely take the train. The walk-way between D and C is only quicker than the train if you are going between the high D gates and the low C gates. You're doing the opposite.
You caught the problem with trying to walk on this particular connection.

In the days of the old trAAin walking was often faster but today's new train system is much more efficient.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Send a Tweet to AA as well, maybe they'll help out and notify the GA. Worth a shot!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krlcomm
made it with 10 minutes to spare.

thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA: Former CK (LT PLT), MB: PE (LT Gold)
Glad you made it!
I once had a similar situation and when I landed, I called the EXP desk.
The phone agent called the gate for me and they held the door open for the 30 seconds extra I needed in my sprint D to C over the top.
The gate agent said if the EXP agent didn't call, I would have been SOL.
Then again, that was 2 years ago ... YMMV!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:21 pm

Did you land early or did you just make it in 16 mins??
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I personally would have run. I never take SkyLink---too stressful if the minutes tick by and it doesn't come to the station. And when I'm not pressed for time, I'd rather get the exercise. Then again, I am a serious runner. (7 miles/day)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.