Wiki Posts
Search

PDB's and difficult passengers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
PDB's and difficult passengers

In the spirit of merging at least two favorite FT topics, I offer the following observed on 1170 today from DFW to LGA (I am in-flight).

Pax in 3EF are getting settled and it turns out that they have a cat with them so bulkhead is a no-no. Nobody wants the bulkhead but but one person kindly switches and Mr.Cat goes to 5E.

Mrs. Cat is now extremely upset she can't sit with the catman, can't have her handbag, starts complaining how they paid for a first class seat - that they thought row 3 was the third row yada yada - basically full-on Tallulah Bankhead.

Flight attendants suggest they talk to gate agent. One even says that GA should have put them in our seats (4EF). She looks at me and starts to ask and I immediately shake my head no which shuts her down fast.

Eventually, after a lot of hand wringing, a second person kindly and reluctantly switches to the bulkhead and the game of musical chairs comes to a halt.

Of course, this dance preempts any PDB service and just serves as an object lesson that being difficult pays off.

Now we'll see what the rest of the flight entails - let's hope it's not Lifeboat.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
I'm allergic to cats and bulkheads so that's just crazy.

Also, 3E was a battlefield upgrade and number 3 on the list so unless she/he means the $60 in certificates they are FOS
Old Feb 15, 2015, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
This is why I pretend exhaustion after boarding and close my eyes until I hear FAs arm doors for departure. For me I like bulkheads windows, no one reclining on me and I am small enough to slip over the aisle pax for a potty break.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
OK - Tallulah wiped out the FC supply of white wine.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Moderator note: the kneecap tapping "animals in the cabin" policies, etc. are not on topic here.

Thank you.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:33 pm

Can I just add, if you are bringing a pet onboard, please clear them with the agent, so I don't need to scramble at the last minute with
where to stow them?? I know you think we do nothing during boarding, but sometimes we are busy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.