Wiki Posts
Search

"our representatives are busy at this time"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by rjw242
Perhaps give it a shot during overnight hours in the US (like 4am east coast time / 9am London).
I, too, have tried this, particularly since I'm based in UTH right now. the problem is that while the call volume is lower, they have far fewer agents on at that time.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
When I called the standard number I was just told busy, "goodbye. When I called the Plat number I was given the callback option. They called back within 15 minutes.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I, too, have tried this, particularly since I'm based in UTH right now. the problem is that while the call volume is lower, they have far fewer agents on at that time.
And some of the AAgents working those shifts are hilariously bad.

As I posted in other thread, I had very little trouble getting through over the last 8 hours or so, calling from BKK. Only problem I had was that some of the holds were not preceded by an estimated hold time, but all my holds were 15 minutes or less.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Got hung up on today as well after being told "thanks for calling American Airlines".

No option for call back or to hold.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by apodo77
Got hung up on today as well after being told "thanks for calling American Airlines".

No option for call back or to hold.
Which number did you call? Is your number configured to be recognized by AA? Did it greet you by name?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.