Wiki Posts
Search

same day standby

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
same day standby

I've a quick question about same day flight change/standby. I'm a oneworld sapphire, and checking in online for an AA domestic flight - I noticed the same day flight change option, so clicked on this and a page came up with other flight options. There is no availability in the confirmed column, but I can standby for all flights.

My question: is this the same as joining the standby list at the airport, or would I be charged a fee by doing it this way if my flight is confirmed (at the minute, it says no charge..)

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hilton Diamond
There's no fee for same day standby ahead of time because it's waived for OW Sapphire and Emerald. You essentially get on the gate list ahead of anyone else, since unless they pay the $75 fee, they can only go on the standby list at the airport. Same day *confirmed* changes are different and there is a $75 fee regardless of status.

I have had same day standby confirm several hours before flight if the flights are wide open and as late as at the gate when there are few seats. Either way, you should plan on being at the airport like a regular standby. Hope this helps.

Last edited by sosfo; Jan 28, 2015 at 3:44 pm Reason: added my experience
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Great, thanks for the quick response!
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by sosfo
There's no fee for same day standby ahead of time because it's waived for OW Sapphire and Emerald. You essentially get on the gate list ahead of anyone else, since unless they pay the $75 fee, they can only go on the standby list at the airport. Same day *confirmed* changes are different and there is a $75 fee regardless of status.

I have had same day standby confirm several hours before flight if the flights are wide open and as late as at the gate when there are few seats. Either way, you should plan on being at the airport like a regular standby. Hope this helps.
There is no fee for standby. It is only available to elites.

The confirmed flight change is $75 for everyone, except EXP and CP (not sure about Oneworld Emeralds).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.