Search

Partner award availability question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k
Partner award availability question

I'm still learning AA. If an award on Qatar is available with Qantas miles, is there a reason it wouldn't be available w/AA miles? I see via awardnexus that there's a flight I want available when i search QF. But when I call AA, they don't see it available. It puzzles me (I'm used to Star Alliance awards where availability is generally the same to any partner since they eliminated starnet blocking)
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you asking about flights within the AA booking window? I don't recall what it is exactly, but it's around 330 days (around 11 months). But some other OW airlines have a longer booking window, closer to 12 months. AA can't see that far out, but I think QF can (and therefore awardnexus.com probably can too).

But there are also a few OW airlines that AA has trouble seeing awards within the valid booking window. LAN is one of them; I don't know if Qatar is another or not.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:40 pm

Try the BA website when looking for QR flights.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA, USAir, UA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Sabasi
Try the BA website when looking for QR flights.
When I search from DFW to ISB on AA.com for rewards travel it gives the following message:
There are currently no awards available on AA.com for your requested Origin and Destination. Please modify your request or contact AAdvantage Reservations for award opportunities on all AAdvantage participating airlines.

I see Qatar flight on BA website which is available. Will I be able to book that flight by calling AA and redeeming the miles?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Are you asking about flights within the AA booking window? I don't recall what it is exactly, but it's around 330 days (around 11 months). But some other OW airlines have a longer booking window, closer to 12 months. AA can't see that far out, but I think QF can (and therefore awardnexus.com probably can too).

But there are also a few OW airlines that AA has trouble seeing awards within the valid booking window. LAN is one of them; I don't know if Qatar is another or not.
Flights in april '15 on Qatar. So if it's avail on QF, should it be available to AA? How do I coach the agent to find it?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by travel.flier
Flights in april '15 on Qatar. So if it's avail on QF, should it be available to AA? How do I coach the agent to find it?
It most likely should. There is no need to coach the agent. You can just directly ask for award space on a certain flight number. The agent should be able to tell you if they can book it.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by sfkhan
I see Qatar flight on BA website which is available. Will I be able to book that flight by calling AA and redeeming the miles?
Only AA telephone reservations can answer that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.