Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Plat not able to standby for First during OLC?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Last year I was always able to checkin online to a US Airways marketed/operated flight with my AAdvantage account and be able to check the box for First Class standby and not pay for the first 2 checked bags. Even in the US Airways app, when I went to change seats, it would show the platinum "P" next to my name.

Now when I go to check in online, they want to charge me for even 1 checked bag, I can't get on standby list for first class during online checkin and my status does not show in the app. It sounds like just the checkin process doesn't recognize my status but all the other systems do.

This isn't the typical US Airways/AA elite status syncing issue because my boarding pass does show Oneworld Sapphire. Anyone else had an issue like this? I called US Airways and they said that's how it's always been and I have to wait until I get to the airport.

Are all you AAdvantage elites able to put yourself on standby for first during OLC?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT

I've had the same problem the last couple of times I flew US, granted it was part of an international itinerary, but still, it never gave me the option to select first class or change seats. I posted on it, but no replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.