Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Success stories of award booking on Etihad using AA miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Success stories of award booking on Etihad using AA miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Actually I joined and kept checking on EY's web page as well. Nothing.
Interesting... JFK and IAD are showing good Dec availability on EY's site, but ANA and AA can't see any of it. Figured ORD would be the same way...

UPDATE after further research: Now Dec is blacked out entirely (or maybe I was crazy before?) for USA-AUH. AUH-USA is open through mid-Dec. AUH-ICN (random Asia choice) is wide open through January '14 and AUH-SYD is a no-go for most of Dec, but open for Jan '14.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:25 pm

Programs: US-CP; UA-PE; CO-PE; HH;Diamond
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Interesting... JFK and IAD are showing good Dec availability on EY's site, but ANA and AA can't see any of it. Figured ORD would be the same way...

UPDATE after further research: Now Dec is blacked out entirely (or maybe I was crazy before?) for USA-AUH. AUH-USA is open through mid-Dec. AUH-ICN (random Asia choice) is wide open through January '14 and AUH-SYD is a no-go for most of Dec, but open for Jan '14.
Love FT!! I am trying to use AA miles for 2 Biz Class for either 1)USA-AUH in early-mid Dec OR AUH-USA in end of Dec or early to mid Jan- but just called AA and they said 100% no availability. Where did you see the availability you mentioned above> thank you in advance!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by gogate99
Love FT!! I am trying to use AA miles for 2 Biz Class for either 1)USA-AUH in early-mid Dec OR AUH-USA in end of Dec or early to mid Jan- but just called AA and they said 100% no availability. Where did you see the availability you mentioned above> thank you in advance!
Believe it may have been a glitch or I was just wrong. It's still 100% no go on USA routes. AUH-USA is still showing space 10-12 days into Dec depending on the exact route.

I'll be checking daily for EY space, but I've already booked via LHR on AA/BA F, which I'm OK with. I still have the 320k ANA miles I thought I was going to need, but whatever -- that's 14+ round trips to [most of] the Caribbean in coach and I don't believe they charge YQ on US/UA redemptions.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Recently snagged two Business Class seats NRT-AUH-NBO and return, outbound in June, inbound in July. When I was asking about availability, it appeared that 5-6 days each week I asked about had seats available.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: AA, AS, WN
I just snagged two F seats from JFK-AUH continuing on in J to MLE in November.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: US-CP; UA-PE; CO-PE; HH;Diamond
I got to Biz IAD-AUH for end of Oct. Looks like there are a lot of availability end of Oct or early Nov. I joined the Etihad guest program and searched for their lowest freuqent flyer fare AUH-US and US-AUH and found a few dates for Biz for 2 tickets. Good luck FT'ers!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:18 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, SPG gold, PC Plat, CC gold
Any success stories of getting 3 in J for USA(IAD or JFK or ORD)-AUH on the same flight. Any USA-AUH flight I check there are only max 5Y and 2J available. Did anybody see more J seats being released once 2seats in J are booked. I don't see any F available.
I am looking for 3 in J for wife and 2 kids (aged 13, 10). I can put older kid in Y hoping another J opens before departure in July. All 3 want to sit together. So if 3rd J doesn't happen, we have to give up J to somebody and move to Y. I am assuming this would be OK with the FA.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:50 am

Is the chauffeur service provided for award bookings?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Shimon
Shhhhhhh
Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ayya
Any success stories of getting 3 in J for USA(IAD or JFK or ORD)-AUH on the same flight. Any USA-AUH flight I check there are only max 5Y and 2J available. Did anybody see more J seats being released once 2seats in J are booked. I don't see any F available.
I am looking for 3 in J for wife and 2 kids (aged 13, 10). I can put older kid in Y hoping another J opens before departure in July. All 3 want to sit together. So if 3rd J doesn't happen, we have to give up J to somebody and move to Y. I am assuming this would be OK with the FA.
Nope. I am just like you and need 3 seats to travel. Have tried getting EY on 15-20 occasions since the tie up and never succeeded once in J. Flew F quite a few times ^ as they allocate up to 4 there.

They only allocate 2 to J and are not like other airlines that open up more seats closer to the departure gate. Some people have reported success but I have not so far and have tried checking even till a few hours before departure.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Shimon
This has been discussed before. I got the EY record locator from AA, then went to the web site and used the EY locator to book the chauffeur. No problem at all. Others have been refused over the phone.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:30 am

I put on hold 3 coach ticket on EY from COK-IAD USING MY AA MILES.

Now, When you book and get a EY PNR , How do you get the real etickets ?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Nope. I am just like you and need 3 seats to travel. Have tried getting EY on 15-20 occasions since the tie up and never succeeded once in J. Flew F quite a few times ^ as they allocate up to 4 there.

They only allocate 2 to J and are not like other airlines that open up more seats closer to the departure gate. Some people have reported success but I have not so far and have tried checking even till a few hours before departure.
actually now I only ever see 2 in F as well

2xF and 2xJ is our only option to all fly together
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ma91pmh

Yeah I noticed that too recently.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, SPG gold, PC Plat, CC gold
Originally Posted by ma91pmh

For June and July, there is no F availability at all from IAD/JFK/ORD. Starting Aug 1st, it is good again, 2F daily.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.