Wiki Posts
Search

Compass (ERJ-175s) coming to LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP

Starts March 29th, initially with Denver and Houston flights.

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/ne...tions-in-march

Great news. Not sure how this affects existing regional mix at LAX - the ERJ-175s will appear on routes currently using Mesa CRJ-900s.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent news! Full size bins and a cabin designed for normal individuals.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Will these Compass planes have WiFi too? LAX-IAH is a long flight to be on with no connectivity.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Excellent news! Full size bins and a cabin designed for normal individuals.
+1, just flew my first set from SAT-ORD and enjoyed it!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
<redacted>

While WiFi doesn't rank up there with the need for food, shelter, and clean water, for many people in-flight connectivity is no longer a luxury.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 12, 2015 at 2:08 pm
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
It will be nice to have these as an option instead of the CRJ-900 only right now DEN>LAX
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum

In the last month flew both LAX>YVR and LAX>DEN...would be great to get the 175's. It was always surprising to me that both those +2.5 hour flights they were using the 900's
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
First world problems.
As, I would suspect, 99% of the issues discussed on FT
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:17 pm

We too are getting Republic E175's on the ROC-ORD flights .
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Compass will slowly be rolling out onto more LAX routes this spring, including Edmonton, Vancouver and San Antonio.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Do we know yet if these Compass planes will have catering equipment and adopting Envoy/Republic meal catering?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Do we know yet if these Compass planes will have catering equipment and adopting Envoy/Republic meal catering?
It is an American Eagle catering policy. So any American Eagle branded operation will be catered the exact same way... doesnt matter if its Mesa, Republic, Compass, Air Wisconsin, PSA, Piedmont, Chautauqua or Billy Bob's flying circus. If they are operating as American Eagle, they abide by the rules set forth by AA.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:39 pm
Suspended

It is an American Eagle catering policy. So any American Eagle branded operation will be catered the exact same way... doesnt matter if its Mesa, Republic, Compass, Air Wisconsin, PSA, Piedmont, Chautauqua or Billy Bob's flying circus. If they are operating as American Eagle, they abide by the rules set forth by AA.
Pretty sure you're wrong. Envoy and Republic AE flights actually do have meals served. They serve meals on LGA-ATL, LGA-BNA for example. Mesa flights do not serve meals even if flying LAX-IAH.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

No, they do not. Eagle's policy is to serve meals, but it requires a plane to have catering equipment. The junk that the PMUS regional affiliates like Mesa have do not catering equipment and cannot serve meals.

I do not know if the Compass planes have catering equipment but I would guess yes, because I think they were ordered by PMAA.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Encouraging news. I was under the impression that Parker was effectively doing away with Compass, due to labor issues, significant cost differential with Mesa and Republic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.